Morning Coffee

After a night of passion, Mitchell and I stuck to our word and didn't cuddle, I rolled over to my side of the bed and when I felt Mitchell's presence, I told him to go back to his corner. He obliged and I was so exhausted that I fell asleep within minutes. But when morning arrived, I was not surprised to awake tangled in Mitchell's arms and if I was honest, I had no complaints until my bladder decided to mess with my sleepy state.

I wasn't sure what the time was but the sun shone brightly through the windows of the bedroom with the perfect view of the surrounding ocean. I tried to worm my way out of Mitchell's hold but he groaned softly under his breath and pulled me closer. My bladder felt as if it were about to burst and Mitchell's arm strongly wrapped around my midriff did not help my situation at all.

"Mitch," I said in a groggy morning voice. "I need to pee."

For once the rooster was out cold and didn't even seem to hear me, I sighed and tried to think of a way to get out of his grasp without waking him.

"Mitchell," I called louder and tapped his forearm.

"Hmm," Mitchell groggily moaned.

"I need to get up," I insisted.

"Wha..." he trailed off.

"I need to use the bathroom," I told him.

"What?" He asked more coherently in a voice that was extra gruff and husky. He immediately let go of me, "Are you alright? Do you feel nauseous?"

Well, that explains why he let go of me so soon.

"No," I untangled my legs from his, "I just need to pee."

"Hmm, okay," he sleepily mumbled and turned over to sleep on his stomach.

I got off the bed and took a moment to take in Mitchell's sleeping figure, he was covered from the waist down and I admired his broad, strong shoulders and the ridges of his back muscles that were slightly flexed from his sleeping position.

I wrapped a silky robe around me, peed, brushed my teeth, and went about my morning skincare regime. Sleep was completely lost when I headed back into the bedroom but Mitchell was still out cold. I contemplated if I wanted to wake him like the number of times, he did to me but as I took in his peaceful state of slumber, the little good in my heart decided to let him rest.

I must've really worn him out last night.

I slowly opened and shut the bedroom door behind me, careful not to disturb Mitchell before I made my way into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and some Aspirin for the slight headache I had.

Not long after, I found myself seated on the sundeck with a cup of coffee in my hand and my phone. I sat on the couch with one leg tucked under the other as I basked in the late morning sunshine and admired the clear blue water I was surrounded by. Being out at sea was something else, everything was so quiet and peaceful, I wasn't sure where we were but there was barely even a bird in sight. The only sound heard was the cavitation from the formation of bubbles in the water from the yacht propellers, it wasn't even loud, more like a soothing acoustic sound.

I breathed in the fresh, crisp air and took a sip of the strong, black brew before I glanced at my phone. I opened up my social media page and took in all the 'Happy Mother's Day' posts, I scrolled through them with a ghostly smile on my lips even though my heart hurt when I thought about how much I missed my mom.

My eyebrows raised a fraction and I was surprised to see that Leo – who barely even used his phone let alone shared anything on social media – posted a cute picture of his mom and him as a kid.