Provoke

⚠️Chapter contains mature content⚠️

The tension between Mitchell and I was thick, I was sure that everyone around us could see it too because Mia's eyes fell on us and she wore a small frown with a look of concern. I was more than just annoyed at Mitchell and the way he looked at me, said he felt the same way about me.

I took in a deep, calming breath and did my best to ignore the brute who steered daggers at me with his eyes and plastered on a smile when I spoke to Mia and Brie, "Anyone up for a threesome on the dancefloor?"

Mia glanced at Mitchell for a moment and appeared hesitant but she quickly collected her reservations and said with a small smile, "The more the merrier."

I tried to move but Mitchell held onto me tightly and spoke in a calmer tone, "You've had your fun pissing me off, let's go."

I narrowed my eyes and opened my mouth to retort but instead, I noticed the almost fully melted ice in his whiskey glass amidst the amber liquid. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip and without breaking eye contact, dipped two of my fingers into the glass, grasped the ice, and popped it in my mouth.

Mitchell's brows knitted together as he watched my every move, I ran the ice over my tongue for a few seconds while maintaining eye contact.

"What are you –" Mitchell started irritably but I cut him off and pressed my lips against his. He was caught off guard but I kissed him gently and nipped on his bottom lip until they parted and as his lips slowly moved against mine, I slipped the ice from my mouth to his.

I kissed him one more time, pulled away, and glanced into Mitchell's dilated pupils. His lips were parted so I held onto his jaw and pushed upwards to close his mouth.

"You need to chill out," I softly said and drew small patterns over the stubble over his stubble, "It's only one dance and I did ask you first but you declined."

Mitchell pulled his lips into a straight line and his chest puffed out as he took in a deep breath, exhaled, and began between gritted teeth, "Mila, we are-"

"If you aren't dancing with me, I'll join Mia." I told him and before he could say a word, I stood up and glanced at him over my shoulder, "Last chance?"

I arched a brow and waited for him to respond but instead of words all I got was a deep, irritable sigh and he looked away from me as he gestured with his finger for me to go ahead without him. For the first time, Mitchell didn't give in to me and I didn't like it, I took in a breath, looked at him in dismay, and made my way over to the girls who were ready to head to the dance floor.

"Grumpypants not joining?" Mia asked as we slowly walked away from the booth.

I glanced over my shoulder again and with a bitter glower my way, Mitchell rolled his hands into a fist simultaneously while he unwound his neck.

"Forget about him, he's on his period," I looked back at Mia with a small smile.

Mia tutted, "I know about that and the poor guy gets it more than just once a month."

I choked on a laugh, "More like once a week."

As we entered the dancefloor through the glass door where a bouncer stood, the loud music throbbed in my ears and the house beat already had my feet move to the tune. The floor was crowded but not that much and while Kiera and her boyfriend moved in towards the middle, Mia insisted we stay outside.

Mia gestured for me to bend so she could speak in my ear, "I think Mitch would appreciate it if you were in sight," she yelled over the blasting music.