Costa Blanca

I must've been the worst possible girlfriend to ever exist or I was a sadist. I sat across Mitchell on the sundeck of the yacht around midday the next afternoon and felt a tiny bit of pleasure as I witnessed his misery.

While I basked in the sunshine and appreciated our last time on the yacht, Mitchell looked miserable as hell in the shade, sporting sunglasses with his fingers pressed to his temples and a tall glass of forest puke in front of him.

"Don't you want a tan?" I casually asked and even though his eyes were covered, I felt the glare he sent my way.

For the first time since I'd known Mitchell, he was badly hungover. While I awoke with only a mild headache that Advil fixed in no time, poor Mitchell felt like shit. His head felt like it burst in two, he barely touched breakfast and I felt really bad when he threw up.

Our morning in Ibiza only consisted of breakfast and a quick shopping trip. I wanted to get something for Abuela because we were headed to Costa Blanca while Mitchell searched for a new charm to add to my bracelet.

It just so happened that the next day was Abuela's birthday, she had no idea I was on my way and I was stoked to surprise her and Papa. I got Abuela a little birthday gift and Mitchell got me two charms again. This time they were Pandora dangling charms and when Mitchell handed them to me, I was thrilled because one of the charms was from the Disney collection. The first charm was one of Ariel sitting on top of a pearl and Mitchell said that represented our time snorkeling and how I lived my dream of being Ariel. The second charm was one of a leaf that was silver with green enameling, I smirked at Mitchell's subtle but smart way to mark my first time getting high.

"Do you want a tanned ass?" Mitchell countered in a snappy tone.

"Me pones caliente," I suggestively winked.

"My brain is too fucked so please speak in English," Mitchell grumbled.

"What crawled up your asshole?" I retorted, not particularly happy with his snappy tone.

Mitchell took in a deep breath and groaned while he massaged his temples. "I'm sorry for sounding like an ass," he sincerely said. "It's been a while since I've felt so shit."

I had my fun and felt awful as I took in his miserable state. I stood up, made my way over to him, and offered a hand. "Come with me."

Mitchell glanced at my hand then up at me, "You know I'm always ready to have sex with you but right now..."

"Don't flatter yourself," I rolled my eyes. "Get up, I have something that might help."

"Alright, Doctor," Mitchell mumbled and placed his hand in mine.

Once in our bedroom, Mitchell stood in front of me with his palm out that contained a much stronger prescription painkiller. He glanced up at me, "You're not trying to kill me, right?"

"Don't you already feel half-dead?" I raised a brow and he nodded. "I'm not the type to kick a guy when he's already down."

Mitchell half shrugged and threw the pill into his mouth after I handed him a glass of water. I walked over to the bed, pulled open the covers, and gestured to the bed with my head, "Get in."

He deeply sighed. "Alright but you're getting on top and doing all the work."

Dios mío, he's turning into me.

Mitchell slipped off his sneakers and did as I asked. Once his head rested on the pillow, I covered him up to the chest and took a seat beside him. I ran my fingers through his hair and took a moment to gaze into his bright eyes, "Get some rest, I'll wake you when we reach Costa Blanca."