10 | Another Party

Lila

My mind recounts last week's events, and I smack my face in an attempt to forget. Henry was this tall brooding man who somehow found his way into my brain. It's his abs. His stupid fucking abs.

There was something about him. Something that irked me with such irritability but also kind of turned me on. Hey, sue me. I'm a college girl with raging hormones. I hadn't gotten laid in probably a year since my last relationship, and it felt like forever. Guys bothered to ask me out afterward, but I didn't really like the commitment part because god knows how many mistakes I made with doing that. Maybe I should just find a one-night stand.

What really irritated me was thinking about what Naveen and Kabe could have possibly done against the rules of the games. I wasn't really sure how things were run during their time, but I was getting a bad rep.

But why do I even care about how I look to students from another school? Did anyone from Cambridge know?

"Lila, are you listening, or are you dreaming away in la la land?" B swats my arm as if it's a bee, and I flinch before throwing a glare at her. Ouch.

Okuna laughs from across my couch and runs a few fingers through her new extensions. "We're going to athlete's row I am not going to Greek again. You have ten minutes."

With that, she stands up and stalks to her room door. I glance at B, and she raises her hands in defense. "Her rules, not mine."

"I'm so lazy. You guys went to Greek Row last week what's the difference?" I groan, throwing myself over the couch cushions and sprawling out before stretching further over the edge. I feel something soft being thrown at me and groan louder, letting myself slide until my fingertips make contact with my carpet.

B rolls her eyes and gets up before walking to my room as though she was the one who lived here and not me. I get to my feet fast enough and follow after her for fear she may find one of my... toys. No one had been in my room since school began, so half of my stuff was in boxes, lying around waiting to be put away, or on a small pile on my desk.

"Jesus, Lils, your room looks like one of those from that hoarder TV show," B scrunches her nose up and kicks a few clothes from in front of my closet door. She's already dressed in her high-waisted black jeans and sheer black top, her hair neatly patted down from her natural frizz.

I plop myself on the bed and stare. "I'm not wearing what you pick," I deadpan, knowing damn well B will dress me against my will in something that shows too much skin or is ridiculously short. Then again, she is pulling it from my closet, so if I have anyone to blame, I guess it's myself.

I am fine with clothes that show more skin, but with the cold weather out, I wanted to do anything but dress like that.

B doesn't even respond to me before she pulls out a few hangers of my 'going out' clothes that I'd managed to hang out throughout the week. She pulls out a forest green cropped tank and a pair of light blue wide jeans. I take the outfit content with it for the first time.

"Hm, pretty good," I say as I strip from my shorts, not caring that B is in the room. We'd seen each other half-naked a bunch of times from the time span of freshman year until now. B strokes her chin, examining me, and I stare at her.

"If you're into me, you can just say it."

She rolls her eyes and chucks me a stray hoodie.

"Fantastic choice B," I grin from ear to ear, seizing the hoodie, and she snatches it from me.

"Hell no, you are not wearing that," B says, taking the hoodie and cramming it under a huge pile of clothes as if I couldn't go out of my way to look for it. I snicker as I yank the tank over my head. The thought of wearing a bra was exhausting, and I started to wonder if I was just tired all the time because I was depressed or if I had some medical condition.