21 | Tonights Special

Henry

The warm air hits, making goosebumps litter my skin. I could already feel the energy pumping through my body from all the celebratory hugs and kisses we'd been getting. Destiny was practically all over me on the car ride here, and I can't say I wasn't pleased, because I was. Except for some reason, there were flashes of her, lingering in my head. It took everything to push those introspections aside and focus on the present with the hot piece of ass in front of me. 

Something stupid went up our asses and reached our brains because as we entered Hardviks, I felt all eyes on us. People aren't just staring, they're either glaring or excited to see us. No in-between. 

I don't know what Tate was thinking, wanting to come here- to a place where the Panthers are known to congregate. Although he was bruised up, according to him nothing was going to stop him from celebrating with the team. Alec on the other hand headed home to ice and calm his wounds and I was glad. That man was hit way harder than any of us. 

Don't get me wrong, we love to come here sometimes, too. The girls always participated in fatherless activities, and their drinks were actually pretty good. But there's always that silver lining we know not to cross with Cambridge, especially since we already "share" a diner. But we let Tate bully us into coming because the high of winning the game made us feel like we were on top of the world.

Next to me, Destiny comes rolling in. Her brunette hair is in waves which she says are not just any waves, but "beach waves." The things I fucking do just to keep this chick happy. 

Destiny's dad was recently named the Philadelphia Flyers' team manager, so having her around would make a huge difference in my life. I didn't know if I wanted to play in the major leagues, but it was definitely something I was considering if I didn't have a job lined up after college. The problem is you only really get one shot at these types of things. 

Once you're done with college, you can't go back to play in the big leagues. That's why she's my little scapegoat.

My eyes scan the room, and I try not to laugh when I see the Cambridge hockey players sitting in their chairs, moping around. They sure were quite miserable about their loss. Oh well.

I land on a familiar figure, and I soak in every inch of her. Watching the way her chest heaves just a little longer when her eyes flicker to mine. A smirk, contrary to my expectations, doesn't slide across her lips. Instead, she purses them and pinches her eyes in the slightest. She was most definitely angry at my lack of response. Her angry, vengeful eyes stay strained on mine.

I imagine kissing her again. Feeling her soft milky skin melt beneath my hands as I let my calluses drag across her skin until I reach her ass and give her a slap until she winces. Except I wasn't ever going to do that. In fact, I didn't think it would be a great idea to ever interact with her again. 

Although the buzz was weighing in on me, I was still sober enough to control myself. With that, I keep my expression monotone and turn to my boys. I was here to celebrate, I remind myself. They've already found a place all the way to the other side of the bar in the corner near the pool tables. 

"God, this place is so fucking filthy; those Panthers live like animals," Destiny's feelings of aversion are plastered on her face as she swipes a napkin over her seat to catch the drops of ketchup that previous customers probably left. 

Her two minions shriek, and I realize I don't have the mental capacity to take being around them all night. I was okay with my current position in hockey, I convince myself. Hanging out with Destiny was like being around a toy doll that had a broken voice box and was stuck in constant cry mode.