»I want to hear it too,« May said. She was the mother of the siblings and behind her stood Maxim, the father. Both of them became my parents too in the two years I was here.

Sighing, I fetched my guitar out of the case and sat down on the couch. Slowly my fingers played over the chords and I lost myself in the play.

I forbid my voice from starting to sing with the melody. I hadn't sung for a long time and I didn't want to, even though I missed it painfully.

The fascinated faces were easy to ignore and I returned to my own world.

Just when the song ended, I returned to reality and looked at the others with a blurry sight.

Joyous, Naika clapped her hands and sent me back to reality completely. »I'll miss that,« Toby grumbled, and I smiled.

If I didn't know better that my family was at another place, I would think they were my siblings and parents.

In those two years I didn't have any contact with my family.

Elli wanted it like that, even though it was hard for herself to break off our contact. She wanted to give me the chance to fully lose every connection to our pack.

That was the reason why I changed my phone number and got another phone - just to be safe.

I put the guitar, the siblings got me for my 18th birthday, back into its case and lifted the case on my back.

»It's time,« I said as I looked at the clock and needed to sigh automatically.

Over the last two years I tried teaching the Ramsay family some German and to some limit they could talk well. Writing was another story but talking and understanding was good.

Maxim took my suitcase as we left the house and got into the car to drive to the airport.

Silently we walked through the giant airport and stopped at the point where they couldn't come with me anymore.

The siblings hugged me tightly in their arms just like their parents.

»Visit us someday. It's going to be boring without you.« Smiling, May tousled my hair and I accepted it with a smile although I hated her for doing that. »I'm not the one to refuse that offer, Ma.«

»And don't you dare not to give us a call!« Naika yelled and punched me against my upper arm. Smiling, I rubbed the place.

»Well, then you need to visit me too.« Agreeing to that, the siblings nodded before they wrapped me tightly in their arms again.

»Take care of yourself.«

The last one to say goodbye was Maxim who also tousled my hair. »Be good in your studies until and after you graduate.« Smiling, I nodded. »Don't worry, Pa!«

Unwieldy, I let go of them and walked through the gate before I got on the airplane.

On my flight to Canada two years ago I was like an excited kid looking out of the small window, even though I was sick with a fever, but now I slept through the safety briefing and the whole flight.

And I was thankful for that. I suffered from claustrophobia – the fear of small rooms.

When I arrived in Germany, school would start on time in my hometown. My first plan was that I would go to school on the next day, but I went with my second plan.

With that, I could get a first look at the situation without everyone knowing who was back. My scent would have completely faded, and my hair was dyed in another color.