𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

ELINA

THIS may have been the dumbest decision I've ever made. I mumble to myself while standing on the sidewalk in the middle of the night. I didn't expect him to answer at 2 am.

I regret it now. I don't think I'm ready to face him yet... I don't want to bring up the past. I've come to peace with it, and when I saw him outside the restaurant I felt so innerly frustrated that all my past feelings were brought out of my closed heart.

I'm not ready... I still hate him... I think...

I turn around and feel the buzzing sensation in my pocket, he is texting... probably making sure that I am coming... but I just can't. I open my phone.

I'm there in 2 minutes.

- I'm sorry. I can't.

I turn off my phone and walk inside the building and take the elevator up.

I gently open the door not wanting to wake Hunter up. I don't want him to get the wrong idea. Even though I felt like I just cheated on him. fuck.

I close it and take off my jacket and shoes turn around to see Hunter leaning in the doorframe of our living room. Double fuck.

"Hey" I smile and walk towards him. "Why are you up?" I ask pulling out a deep breath, but he just stares at me coldly.

"Where have you been?" he asks deceptively quiet, almost controlling his tone.

"I just needed to take a walk for a few minutes... I had nightmares, I didn't want to wake you up." I smile, letting out a soft breath.

"You are a really bad liar Elina Moon!" he almost whispers.

I wince at the look that crosses his face. If eyes could kill, I have no doubt that Hunter's eyes would be burning through my heart with blades.

"I'm not fucking lying Hunter." I try to gain control over my lies...

He then forces himself towards me before he grabs my collar and smashes me against the wall behind me. The hit against my back makes me let out a painful moan.

His hand travels up to my throat and he holds it tightly... too tight to breathe normally.

"H-Hunter" I try to breathe out. He holds so tight.

"Do you know how fucking crazy in love I am with you, and then you stand here lying in my fucking face Elina." He growls and moves his face inches closer to mine. Provocating, and showing that he owns the control.

The worst part is that he is right. He sees right through me... but this is the first time he has shown his dark side when he is sober.

He gets angry easily when he is drunk... but this time he sees right through my lies so he looks like a ticking bomb waiting to explode. But I'm fucking done with this shit. I can't take it anymore.

"Let me fucking go" I manage to say as I push him further away, loosening his grip.

He pulls me away from the wall and pushes me into the living room, making me fall down on my back, trying to control his breath.

I move away, towards the couch, wanting to escape as I yell through the room. "What the fuck is wrong with you".

"Don't overdo it. I just had to see if you were fucking lying." He says standing over me.