𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

INFO: CURSIVE IS A FLASBACK.

ELINA

I DON'T think I will ever forget the look Marco had on his face... disappointment. I don't ever want to cause someone that kind of pain. Ever. It's been four days since I told him that I kissed Diego. I regret it, I really do.  I don't know what went through my head when I kissed him.

He hasn't been to school and I know that it is my fault.

I got a letter the other day from a school in New York, with a focus on English litterateur, I've always wanted that. Mama wants me to go... which means I will leave this town... and everyone. But it is for the best. To drop the boys and don't cause any more pain.

I also just want to focus on myself. I'm not a good human being right now. I'm messed up. That's why I have to stay away from them. Sof offered me to live with her until I find something for myself. I just turned 20, and it is time to grow and stop being in this "high school musical" dream.

Ring ring.

The bell rings loudly and brings me back to reality.

Im done with school. Finally. This Math has been so boring that my mind wandered elsewhere. I grab my stuff and walk out of the school, find my bicycle, and drive home.

It is nice weather, the breeze hits my hair while I listen to one of the weeknd's many songs.

I drive in the neighbourhood until I reach my house but I am surprised when I see him standing on my terrace. Marco.

I feel like my stomach turns upside down, both butterflies but nervousness fills my whole body as I get down from my bicycle and lock it in our yard.

I slowly grab my backpack, not knowing what to say or do.

"Hey.." I almost whisper as I take the first step up the stairs. He is tense. He is wearing a black T-shirt and black pants, while leaning on the railing facing the street, not giving me one look.

Maybe he is here for Alo...

I just keep going up the 3 stairs as I let out a sigh, and when he doesn't say anything I decide to just go inside, but his voice stops me.

"Hey" I hear a soft answer.

I turn around and find him already facing me. He looks miserable. He has dark circles and looks like he hasn't been sleeping for ages. My fault.

I stand stiffly facing him. He finally lets out a big sigh, and in one swift motion, he brings me into a hug, holding me tight.

"Oh, Elina..." He says while caressing the back of my head. His heartbeat is fast. I don't really deserve this.

I gently push him away facing his face, searching for something. I want to be forgiven because I can't forgive myself.

Promises mean the world to me. I've only been betrayed once and I'll never forget that. By my dad. I don't ever want to put that feeling on someone else.

"I am so sorry. I hope you know that." I stand looking straight into his eyes, wanting him to understand.

"I know" he smiles... He smiles.

Why is he smiling?

"Can we start over?" he adds. I frown shockingly.

"Start over?" I taste the word.