𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

ELINA

"WHY are you already home? We can give you a lift to the party now that Alo is already there" I hear a voice ask. The voice was rather loud, almost as if he was drunk. I could only confirm it was a male voice.

"I'll be there. Later. I need to fix something." Marco says. But then the voices got even more distant. I could hear voices but not make out what they were saying. I decided to listen to their conversation. Childish of me? Yes, but I couldn't stop myself from it.

I left the bathroom as quietly as possible. I take every step as lightly as possible. I made my way over to the stairs and sat down on the top of the stairs. Listening.

"Isn't Russo's sister here?" The guy once again says. "She's sleeping" Marco says. I thought they called my brother Alo, and not by our last name.

Me and my brother both have weird names. My full name is Elina Moon Russo. Weird? Yes very. I usually just go with Moon. It's my ma's side. My dad was Italian. That's where the name Russo originates from. My brother's name is Alonzo Aldo Russo, after my father's. My father's name was Also.

"Anyway" my thoughts were interrupted by a female voice. "Marco please join us, it'll be fun. Just a few drinks. You know you owe me a kiss" a loud giggle fills the house. Or rather an annoying giggle. I've never really liked Kimberly.

She is a very spoiled girl. Her father is the major of the town. Once in middle school I saw her cry because the school lunch's donuts weren't with green glaze. She called her father and the lunch lady got fired.

It's weird. Why is he even in contact with her? His ex. They talk about kisses and drinks. I stood up and decided to leave this conversation. I didn't want to listen to this crab when I just had a very intense kissing session with him.

"Kim I told you. It's over. I don't owe you anything. Don't play games like that" Marco says which made me stop.

The door smacked shortly after. I decided to sit down again and try to get a glimpse of them, If they left. When I finally got a view I could see no one. Maybe Marco really went with them... I feel weird in my stomach is this disappointment?...

I stand up and decide to move further down the stairs.

"Elina, what are you doing?" A voice says down the stairs. My heartbeat almost stopped. I tripped over my feet and fell into his arms. Embarrassing.

His loud comforting chuckle fills my ears. "I guess someone was listening to our conversation huh?" He smirks and helps me stand up straight.

"I'm sorry Marco I didn't mean to." I rub my neck feeling uncomfortable getting caught in my act. But his warm hand lifts my head towards him by my chin, before he kisses me.

Again I wrap my arms around his neck. The kiss deepens. Then our steps slightly stumble backwards which makes me fall down on my bum and makes the two of us laugh.

"Ew," I hear someone behind me. It is Manuel. This made us continue our laugh. "Marco's mama said Elina wouldn't kiss you because you are an idiot". We continued to laugh.

ꕥꕥꕥ

Almost 2 weeks had passed since the babysitting. Ever since that day we hadn't spoken, once. He didn't even look at me when we passed each other in school. We go to the same college. They are 2 years older than me and it's their last semester. Our little town doesn't have many college opportunities, so we all ended here, even though New York is only 2,5 hours away from here.

They were always hanging together, but he didn't even give me a little smile... this makes me feel so embarrassed and betrayed... Was I that bad of a kisser?