~Chapter Seven~

-Last Time-

"Hey..." you softly say. "We're going to kick his ass tomorrow!" you exclaim with extreme determination.

"Yeah!!" Hinata yells as Kageyama just walks away.

--

-Saturday-

You walk into the gym to see everyone already there. 'Am I late?' you ponder.

"(Y/N)!" Hinata screeches when he notices you. Upon hearing your name, everyone's attention goes to you. They see you standing by the entrance in loose black pants and a/an (F/C) jacket holding a gym bag. You find the short energetic boy in the crowd and wave before walking to him.

"Hey, Hinata!" you say as you stop in front of him. "You ready for today?"

"Of course I am! Are you?" You giggle at how excited he is before answering.

"Definitely. I can't wait to see the look on their faces." With a slight smirk, you glance toward your opponents for today.

"Woah!" Hinata exclaims which draws your attention back to him. "She's so pretty! Do you think she's our manager?" he says as the two of you watch a girl with shoulder-length, black, silky hair walks into the gym. Watching as Tanaka seems to be drooling over her, you begin to talk to Hinata.

"She is pretty. Do you like~ her?" you tease. This catches him off guard. He immediately turns bright red and starts stuttering. This causes you to laugh. "I'm just teasing you!" you manage to say through your laughter. After calming down you continue. "I'm going to go introduce myself." You walk to the girl who is by the bench.

"Hi," you begin shyly. "My name is (L/N) (Y/N), a first year." The girl looks up from her paper to meet your gaze. 'Cute' she thinks before speaking.

"Shimizu Kiyoko, third year." You both bow slightly to each other.

"Are you the manager Shimizu-senpai?"

"I am. Are you the one who applied to be a manager?"

"Y-Yes, but if you're already able to handle things I don't mind finding a different club!" you say frantically. A small chuckle stops you from talking.

"It's okay (L/N)-chan, I was hoping someone would join so I could teach them since I won't be here next year," Kiyoko explains. You stand there stunned for a second before responding.

"I'd love to learn from you senpai!" you say with a substantial closed-eyed smile. "Oh, and please call me (Y/N)."

"Okay, you can call me Kiyoko then."

"Alright." As you two are talking you fail to notice the many pairs of eyes on you. Out of nowhere, you both hear a scream.

"OUR ANGEL AND GODDESS ARE TALKING!!" IS THIS HEAVEN?!" You look at Kiyoko with a questioning face.

"Is he okay?"

"Just ignore him," she says. You look back at the second year who is on his knees, with a look of pity before refocusing on the girl in front of you.

"Okay..." Before you can continue Daichi speaks up.

"Alright, let us get this game started! I'll join Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's team."

"Captain?! You're going to play?!" Hinata shouts in surprise.

"Haha. Relax. You'll be okay," Daichi says while stealing a glance in your direction. His eyebrows furrow when he sees the unreadable expression on your face. 'I thought she would be shocked.'