~Chapter Ten~

-Last Time-

'I have a good feeling about this,' you think with a proud smile.

--

"Huh? Bring it to me? What do you mean?" Hinata asks.

"Don't worry about that. All you have to do is run where there are no blockers and then jump as high as you can and swing. Don't even look at the ball or try to meet it." Kageyama says matter of factly. 'Is going to do what I think he is...?' you think wearily.

"Huh?! I'll miss the ball if I don't look for it!" Hinata says surprised.

"Yeah, maybe," Kageyama says nonchalantly. "I still want to try." Hinata thinks about what Kageyama said before agreeing.

"What're they planning? The King's royal set is impossible to hit, when are they going to realize that?" Tsukishima asks with a snarky tone. Yamaguchi laughs at what his friend said.

"Knock it off Tsukishima," you say bitterly. 'I hope you guys can pull this off...' you think.

As the game starts again you see Daichi getting ready to serve and Kageyama focussing. Daichi serves the ball, which you receive, and pass to Kageyama who is determined to set it. He watches the ball intently and then spots Hinata. The ball is set to Hinata, who spikes it so quickly you barely see it happen. Everyone is frozen in shock except you, Kageyama, and Hinata, who are celebrating.

"It hit my hand!" Hinata cheers.

"That was amazing guys! I knew you guys could do it! Your set was so fast Kageyama!" Your praise causes the setter to blush. "And Hinata, your jump and spike were great!" The oranged-haired boy also blushes.

"Hey..." Daichi says, catching everyone's attention. You look at him and he looks like he's seen a ghost.

"Oh my god! Daichi are you okay?!" you ask worriedly while starting to go to him. Before you can move he speaks.

"D-Did you guys see that?" You stop and look at him confused.

"What do you mean?" you ask hesitantly.

"That whole time...Hinata's eyes were closed!"

"WHAT?!" Everyone yells in disbelief.

"Are you serious..." Tsukishima asks unsure.

"His eyes were closed the second he left the ground," Daichi explains.

"That means..." you start, causing the attention to go to you. "Since he wasn't looking...Kageyama pinpointed Hinata's palm and sent the ball accurately to him the instant he swung his arm!" You quickly look at Kageyama in disbelief as everyone stood extremely shocked. Your disbelief turns to excitement. "If you would have been off by an inch or even a millisecond, Hinata would've missed!! That's amazing Kageyama!! You keep surprising me!!" Before you can continue praising your teammate you're interrupted.

"THAT WAS SO COOL!!" Hinata screams and starts happily freaking out.

"WHAAA?!" Tsukishima yells at the same as Hinata.

"Hey! Did you really have your eyes closed the entire time?!" Kageyama questions.

"Yeah. You told me not to look at the ball, right?" Hinata asks defensively. "I can't help but look at it if my eyes are open, so I closed them."

"He has a point..." you say quietly.

"Y-Yeah, I did say that...but still!" Kageyama says ignoring your comment. The two begin to bicker. 'Here we go again...' you think while sighing and rolling your eyes, but you are also smiling fondly.