~Chapter Eight~

-Last Time-

"Whatever you say, your Majesty." Before Kageyama can speak, the whistle is blown. As everyone gets back into their places, and you get ready to serve again, Kageyama has a thought racing in his head. 'How am I going to ask her to give me serving tips?'

--

You serve again but Daichi is able to receive it. He passes the ball to Tsukishima who sets it for Yamaguchi, as Yamaguchi goes to spike it Kageyama blocks but fails. Daichi serves the ball over to your side and Hinata receives it, just barely. As the ball heads to Kageyama, you notice him look around as if he doesn't know who to send it to.

"Kageyama!" you shout loud enough to get his attention. He looks at you and you give him, a reassuring smile. He gives you a nod as you run up to the net. Swinging your arms back and bending your knees, you jump.

"No way is she going to spike!!" Tanaka shouts dumbfoundedly.

As you're in the air you see Tsukishima come to block you. You smirk just before you hit the ball with great force. You break through his block, which earns your team the point.

"Woah! Nice kill (Y/N)!" Tanaka and Hinata scream.

"Thanks, guys!" you say with a large smile. The next rally begins and as the ball is returning to your side you receive it. Sending it to Kageyama, he sets it to Hinata. Kiyoko and three other club members, who you haven't met officially yet, all gawk at Hinata when he jumps to spike.'How can Hinata and (Y/N) jump that high when they are short?' As if reading their minds you walk up to the ginger and raise your hand for a high-five.

"Just because we are short doesn't mean we can't jump! Right, Hinata?" you exclaim with a sly smirk.

"Right!" he responds before high-fiving you. 'How...?' the three boys thought. You wink at them before going back to the game. They continue watching with red cheeks. Kageyama serves the ball but it's received by Daichi. Your teammates for this game are shocked. Tanaka then begins talking.

"Daichi's strength is his monster receiving."

"Were you hoping to score a few easy~ points in a row on us?" Daichi asks. "I may not have flashy moves like you, but I have two extra years of experience." He explains to Kageyama. "We won't be that easily broken." The intensity of this statement surprises you. Quickly getting over your shock you begin to smile. A slight smirk makes its way onto your face.

"This is going to be great," you excitedly mumble to yourself. You lock eyes with Daichi which causes him to tense before noticing the look on your face. He relaxes before he sees you mouth something to him. 'You're going down,' you mouth while pointing at him and then at the ground. 'It's on,' he mouths back. This interaction doesn't go unnoticed by the players on the sidelines. Their attention went to you when they noticed your change in attitude after Daichi spoke.

"She must really love volleyball huh?" Suga asked rhetorically.

"What do you mean?" a boy with medium-length dark brown hair and a somewhat sleepy look on his face asked.

"Didn't you notice the change in her attitude after Daichi spoke?"

"Yeah...What about it?" Tanaka said while joining the conversation.

"Well, first of all, no one else's mood changed that drastically. The closest was Kageyama's but he was frustratingly way. Second, she became even more excited about playing. It seemed to fire her up. And third, the way she taunted Daichi... You wouldn't do that if you weren't having fun. Especially since he's the captain."