~Chapter Twenty-One~

-Last Time-

"I'm sorry I'm being so persistent about this... but I think if you watched them play, then you would understand why." Takeda says as he begins to leave. As he walks through the door he speaks one last time. "Good Night."

--

-The Next Day, School-

"Oh, hey. It's you. Wow. It's been a while since we last talked... Suga." A boy with long hair, that's pulled back into a bun, and a little facial hair says. "It feels kinda weird, after all this time."

"Please, Asahi. You have to come back, Nisinoya's suspension is over and he's returning to the team." Suga replies.

"Really? That's good. I always felt better knowing he had our backs."

"We felt better with you there too! Hearing you call for a set always brought team morale way up!" Suga exclaims passionately.

"Ha Ha... I'm glad to hear that... but if I went back, I'd just be a lead weight around everyone's ankles again." Asahi replies nervously due to Suga's outburst.

"Asahi, right now the team is changing. It pains me to say it, but we got an amazing rookie setter this year. That... and we have The Greatest Decoy now. You won't have to shoulder the whole offense anymore! If both you and Nishinoya come back, along with our new rookies, nobody will be able to call us 'The Fallen Campions' or 'The Wingless Crows' anymore!" Suga explains before a student calls for Asahi to tell him it's his turn for career counseling. "But to make sure that happens, the team needs its Ace!"

"I'm sorry, Suga." Asahi apologizes as he walks toward the classroom door leaving Suga with a sad and defeated look

"Um... Y-You go first." Hinata says outside of the classroom.

"Wha?! Me?! You were the one who wanted to see the Ace, boke!" Kageyama replies from next to Hinata.

"B-But I can't walk into a third-year classroom. It's too scary!"

"Wait! Asahi!" Suga calls.

"Asahi?!" Hinata and Kageyama question at the same time.

"Yes?" Asahi asks. Hinata is hiding behind Kageyama because he feels intimidated by the third year's size and appearance.

"Hm? What are you two doing up here?" Suga asks as he comes out of the classroom. Before they can answer their names are called.

"Hinata? Kageyama?" The two turn around to see you walking up to them.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" Hinata asks.

"I'm looking for someone. What about you guys?"

"We're here to meet the Ace!" Hinata explains excitedly. You giggle before noticing Suga and Asahi standing behind your fellow first-years.

"Ah! I'm sorry Suga! I didn't mean to interrupt your conversation!" You apologize with a bow.

"It's alright (Y/N)." Suga reassures. He turns to Asahi before speaking again. "That's Hinata and Kageyama. Our new rookies."

"Oh, I see." Asahi replies in understanding.

"Nice to meet you, sir!!" The boys reply.

"Yo."

"And this is (Y/N). She's our new manager." Suga introduces.

"Hello! It's nice to meet you...?"