36. Dark Side of the Moon

Start from the beginning

"Dad would never let us do anything like this," Sam said. "Thanks, Dean. This is great."

Sam hugged Dean. Dean was startled a moment, then hugged Sam. Sam lit all the fireworks than ran away.

"Fire in the hole!" Sam yelled.

The fireworks started exploding. Dean and Sam backed away. The two laughed with joy before Sam went to to dance under the sparks. Sam nodded to Dean, acknowledging the special moment. Dean nodded back. There was an especially loud explosion, then another, and Dean flashed back to the hotel room and being shot by Walt. He was back in the field, but Sam and the fireworks were gone.

"Sam?" Dean called, going back to the Impala. He leaned on the roof. The radio came on, scratchy.

"Dean!" Castiel called.

Dean leaned in the driver's side window. "Cas?"

"Yeah, it's me."

Dean got back into the car. "You gotta stop poking around in my dreams. I need some me time."

"Listen to me very closely. This isn't a dream."

Dean looked around. "Then what is it?"

"Deep down, you already know."

Dean flashed on Walt shooting Sam, then himself. In the hotel room, Dean's eyes were partially shut and blank; he was dead.

"I'm dead."

"Condolences."

"Where am I?"

"Heaven."

"Heaven? How did I get to Heaven? Where's Elena?"

"Please. listen. This spell, this connection, it's difficult to maintain. She's still alive if that's what you're asking."

"Wait. If I'm in Heaven, then where's Sam? I'm glad she's okay."

"What do you see?"

"What do you mean 'what do I see'?"

"Some people see a tunnel or a river. What do you see?"

"Nothing. My dash. I'm in my car. I'm on a road."

"All right. A road. For you it's a road. Follow it, Dean. You'll find Sam." The radio began breaking up. "Follow the road." The radio died.

Dean started the Impala and drove down the dark hallway. The moon was huge and the sky was an odd purple tone.

He drove down the road and pulled up in front of a nice three-story house, slightly old-fashioned looking. Bright lights shone on the outside. Dean slowly climbed out of the car. He looked around, but there was nothing but the house.

INT. DINING ROOM

A man was carving turkey. He placed a huge piece on Sam's plate. Sam was dressed in a white shirt and tie.

"Thank you," Sam said.

"So, Sam," the father replied. "I hear you're new to McKinley."

"Um, yes sir. Two weeks."

"Stephanie over here just can't seem to stop talking about you."

"Dad, shut up," Stephanie mumbled.

She smiled at Sam and Sam smiled back nervously. She grabbed his thigh and Sam jumped.

"Ummm." Sam looked up to see his brother walking into the dining room.

"Wow," Dean said. "Just wow."

"Dean? What are you doing in my dream?" Sam asked.