09

RILEY

RILEY

I'm honestly not surprised by Heather's actions

I'm honestly not surprised by Heather's actions. After the whole incident, Dylan walks to class, not sparing me or Heather a look. I don't blame her, I wouldn't be able to look at me either...

Once Dylan is gone, Heather pulls me along with her to class. I let my mind wander as she talks. I don't really want to hear what she has to say.

As we approach the class that we are supposed to be going to, Heather looks at me with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Babe, how do I look? Be honest!"

In my mind, I cringe at the question. Luckily I am able to put up a fake smile of my own.

"You look great."

The truth is, Heather's personality ruins anything that could be considered physically attractive about her.

We walk into the classroom together, immediately separating and going to our own individual desks. This, I am glad about.

I sit at my desk and grab my sketchbook out of my backpack. Jamie sits beside me as usual and watches as I begin to draw... while the teacher is teaching. I really can't bring myself to care right now because drawing is my only escape from reality.

I look back at the rows of seats behind me and Jamie. Dylan is sitting in the back row, writing notes down with one earbud in. I begin to draw her, exactly how I see her. What I wish other people could see.

After the rough outline of my drawing is done, Jamie looks at me with her head tilted to the side.

"Riley... is that..."

I look at her and then look away, nodding. I'm sure my cheeks have turned red now too. I couldn't bring myself to say anything, but that didn't stop Jamie.

"Riley... do you still... like her?"

I was grateful that she was whispering. I sigh lightly at her question and attempt a response.

"I... guess."

I don't know what to say, I don't really know what I  feel. If you've ever been in that situation, you probably know that it's super frustrating.