08

DYLAN

DYLAN

After I sign up I feel a sense of

After I sign up I feel a sense of... accomplishment and confidence. Feelings I don't usually get. I'm still nervous of course, to be on stage in front of the whole school. I take a deep breath and walk to class with Jamie and Molly.

It's study hall. Which just means catching up on or finishing any work that I haven't already completed for my other classes. I sit by Jamie and Molly, as usual. The class feels like it flies by pretty quickly. I didn't have any work to catch up on so I wrote and doodled in my journal the majority of class.

I'm kind of excited for my next two classes, which are Culinary and Theater.

In culinary, we are separated into groups for our kitchens. The groups are named after colors, and there are six groups. I sit at my groups table, which is the green group. Jamie is in my group along with, Aubrey, Julia and Nora. Aubrey is one of Heather's... friends and Julia and Nora are besties.

Jamie smiles at me.

"You ready to cook something good?"

I nod.

"Of course!" I smile

Aubrey glares at us and Jamie and Nora are just happily chatting with each other.

Our teacher stands in front of the class and begins speaking.

"Okay class, today we are making cinnamon rolls! You know the drill, I call your group, you get your aprons, tie your hair back and start cooking! The recipe is on the board!"

She calls each group and the kitchens quickly start filling up.

When she calls our group, we stand up and walk to get our aprons. Which, are black and have our names on them.

Once my whole group has their aprons on and their hair tied back, including me, we go to our kitchens and get started. We start grabbing all the ingredients we need and measuring them properly.

Aubrey pushes me out of the way harshly to grab something from a cabinet.

"Move out of the way, loser." She scoffs