EPISODE 12: Mechanova: The Incredible Bastard!

Start from the beginning

"You're adorable when you're trying to think."

Adiva's whole face changed an instant; another cracked smile.

"Your cute little Crystallian senses tingled you up real good, though. Shows you're well-adept enough to catch its wake like everything else," he teased her. Breaking the dark moment of slight fear and confusion that always hit a brain that knew no better. "It's a good thing..." He paused. "I'm totally glad you've hauled out of there unscathed."

Adiva quirked a side-eye at him. "And if I did not?"

"Negative."

Adiva's ears twitched. Ricven sounded adorably concerned beneath the slick swing of his words that now had him at a bit of a choked moment, no matter how cool he tried to cover it up. "Are you implying that you'd be lost without me?"

"Devastated," he said with a small dose of sarcasm.

"Tch... He'd be ruined," Fae corrected and killed his sarcasm with one accurate shot.

"Don't you have some flowers to get busted off of, you glitter-winged flit?"

"Hmph! Already on my way out," Fae said, like a wiseass. She zipped away then. "Try not to choke out like a bitch while I'm gone!"

Fae vanished in a flash, like a tiny hummingbird buzzing off in the wind. Ricven couldn't help but shake his head. The prissy-pester away at last. Ricven stroked the side of his head then re-fixed his goggles as if ruined by one touch. A man of style. "I have to put up with that short-stopper till the end of time."

Adiva giggled. "Just going to evade the subject?" She aimed to coax Ricven back into the affair. He shirked her curiosity concerning his feelings, but unfortunate for him, the elf was far from a mundane fool.

"Now why would I do that?" Ricven asked. He expected no answer. He was about to get one.

Adiva rolled her eyes. "Your intrusive attempt is unhindered, but you don't have to express your true feelings in the open. For as you have once stated so eloquently," she gave him a wry smile, "Crystal Asylum would be deep with cross in my actions."

Ricven winced a mild snicker. He remembered the scenario all TOO well. "Pearly Cove," he recalled. "Room three twenty-four. My door was carelessly unlocked and you sauntered in like a sleek lass on a mission. Well played indeed you were back then." He grinned. "Well. Played. Indeed."

Adiva countered him softly. Her own grin cracked at his lewd-sounding praise. "You proposed every bit of it."

"Ahem! What's the status on the queen's crystal wands and blades?"

Adiva found his evasion crafty, simple, but crafty. She let the fire ease off by his will. She got what she wanted and he no doubt knew it. "Obviously, to you, Faevale Aegis are poorly incapable of expelling the Sosha's aberration.

"Uh-huh."

"I've managed an audience with the high crown prior to your arrival. As commanded, all legions of Aegis must withdraw from Sosha Desert until authorized by your word. As you can see, it still inhabits the sands."

"Awesome," he said. It was one less thing to worry about. Fantastic magi-tech aside, the Faevalen armies were terribly ill-equipped to handle a creature beyond their logic and ability. "To be honest, didn't expect them to pull a great heave-ho against something of that magnitude anyways. Things of that nature, dear, are my specialty."

"Thus is why I've made sure to beseech you. I knew your assistance would do."

"Didn't have to beg," he said.