She didn't dare look in the mirror again, because she knew their would be just as much heartache in his face as she felt.

"Let's go before we're late.", she mumbled, still holding onto one of his hands. She heard him clear his throat behind her and followed along.

____________________________

They thought about it the entire car ride. Neither deciding to speak up for the other. But that didn't make it any less of an important part of their relationship.

Pulling into the restaurant, while Audrina was previously distracted, her nerves took over.

"Relax", she flinched as she felt his hand rest on her thigh.

While that reaction, Kieran still doesn't understand the full story as to why. Audrina had told him that it was just her natural response. She's been cautious all her life and that wasn't nothing further from the truth. Instead of telling him it's because of her curse, that whenever the opposite sex touches her, that reaction is out of fear she may be informed, she just told her she's scary. Which he took for the truth.

"I am", she whispered, getting the out the car.

Kieran huffed as he rounded the car to meet on her side. "Just making sure."

They walked over to the restaurant after he told her they were already sat. Which did earns a mouthful as he promised her they wouldn't be late. But nonetheless, they were directed to the table and while Audrina was prepared in a sense under standing it was a sort of family gathering, he told her most of his sisters wouldn't be there.

She groaned as they approached, "You told me that only one will show up. I'm looking at 5 other woman who resemble you."

"I was going tell you before we left, but I got distracted.", he smirked.

She was about to curse at him till the couple caught the attention at those around the table.

"You owe me one free babysitting week."

"I thought it was a night?"

"Last minute bonus on my end for her being damn near gorgeous."

They all looked like some aspect of the man beside her. Dark skin, some with hazel eyes, others with light brown. Audrina had a sort of sense of what they were arguing about and while she found it flattering her eyes did meet another set, which she instantly recognized as his mom.

The smile on the older woman's face brightened and Audrina did her best to keep her composure.

"I think I just found your weak point.", Kieran had leaned in to whisper in her ear. She swatted him away as if he was an annoying bug. Followed by a chuckle.

And to Audrina's surprise after the first couple of minutes, she eased into the interactions. And was perfectly comfortable the more the dinner carried on. Kieran was elated to know that there was that connection.

Once they returned home, he acted on it.

"You're my favorite person, you know that", he backed her up, till the edge of the kitchen island sunk into her lower back.

"I'd hope.", she got out before his lips found hers. She smiled into it, feeling his locs tickle her face.

Usually after a couple of seconds, they'd end it, but the kiss turned from two seconds to minutes. She hummed into it, placing her hands on each side of his face. And as much as she enjoyed it, not only was there nothing to go beyond, there was the surfacing thought that crossed her mind.

At first she wish this could be forever, but then the suitcase that was packed in the corner of his living room, became so obvious that she could practically see it beyond her closed eyes.