8| Mal's First Date

Start from the beginning

"I know. Say it," Evie smiled as she stood behind Mal and rested her chin on Mal's shoulder.

"I'm not hideous," Mal breathed out.

"Not even close," Evie smiled.

There was then a knock at the door and the three girls all shared a look. Evie and y/n wore excited grins while Mal just stared at the door with wide eyes.

"Don't be so nervous, you look amazing and if you do something stupid it won't matter because Ben is in love with you," y/n said reassuringly.

Mal then nodded before walking over to the door to open it. When she did Ben stood in the doorway with two bike helmets under his arms. When he saw Mal he stopped and stared at her with a smile.

"For the first time I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful," Ben smiled at Mal as y/n and Evie giggled in the background.

"I hope you like bikes," he then said as he held out one of the bike helmets for her to take.

She then walked over to him and grabbed one of the helmets before turning and giving y/n and Evie a look that told them that she regretted ever going through with the love spell.

Evie and y/n then ran over to the door and peeked out, watching the two with huge smiles before they disappeared around the corner.

~~~

The next day the group were all in Remedial Goodness 101. Jay, y/n and Carlos sat on one side of the classroom while Mal and Evie sat on the other.

"Children, excuse me, uhm, as you know this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep and as your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat," Fairy Godmother said before walking back to the front of the class towards a computer monitor.

The teens then shared confused looks but they were excited to see what the treat was.

"I can't see anything... nor do I hear," the teens then heard Maleficent's voice come from the monitor.

"Kids!" Fairy Godmother called out to them as the five of them slowly made their way towards the monitor where they saw some of their parents faces.

Carlos looked down at y/n as he realized what the special treat was and grabbed her hand comfortingly. She then intertwined their fingers and squeezed his hand nervously.

"Is it-? Is-is it?" Maleficent struggled.

"Press enter," Jafar suggested.

"Can I please see a remote! Is this thing on?" Maleficent yelled before the Evil Queen handed her one.

"Oh, it's broken! Ugh! I hate electronic-" Maleficent exclaimed.

"Oh, for crying out loud. Move out of my way!" they then heard Scar yell out.

Carlos squeezed y/n's hand as he felt her tense up at her father's voice. The man pressed a single button before stepping back with an irritated look on his face.

"Ooh!" the villians exclaimed as they could now see their kids on the screen.

"Evie! It's mommy! Look how beautiful! Oh, you know what they say. The poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree," the Evil Queen exclaimed once she saw her daughter.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent retorted as she shoved EQ off her horns.

"Oh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella exclaimed after she noticed the Fairy Godmother.

"This is Fairy Godmother," Mal said with a fake smile.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent retorted.