𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬? 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭

𝐙𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐋'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

My grip tightened around my dagger handle. My eyes darted around the forest, no sign of anyone. It shouldn't be this quiet. Blood-stained trees seemed to darken when I stalked past them. A small cottage appeared in my view and I stopped. 

Maybe it was the cold...but were the walls moving? I hesitantly walked towards it. I stood in front of the door. A small symbol, one I'd never seen before, was engraved and traced with blood. I shouldn't be here...

I opened the door and the smell of flesh and blood filled my nostrils. I had to stop myself from gagging. My vision gleamed in response and I hissed slightly. The walls were moving, they looked like flesh. 

A failed attempt at a throne sat in front of me, it was entirely made of bones and fear ran through my body.  A very old lady sat on it, her view was down on her elongated yellow nails. She hummed a tune, so raw and harsh as it was...I wanted to hear more of it. The tips of her ears twitched and she looked up. Her eyes were as black as the night sky. Her upper lip formed into a wicked smile. 

"Well, if it isn't the prince of blood?" She whispered softly and attempted to stand up. She hissed in pain and sat back down. "Oh, my age does not give me kindness."  She smiled at me, but my frown remained. "What is it you want, prince, I am very busy."  She cooed and overlapped her hands in her lap. 

"Bring back my brother." I hissed harshly and the old lady silently tilted her head. "I do not understand." She whispered and my upper lip twitched. "You know who I am, so you must know my brother." I hissed and took a step forward. The old god just smiled and softly laughed. 

"Sephiran...the one that Hydro fuck killed." Tears stained my eyes and I wiped them away quickly. "Do cry, child, I would understand your pain." Softness ran through her voice. "If you understand, bring him back." I bit my lip hard to prevent myself from crying. 

"Bring. Him. Back." My vision gleamed brightly. "Oh, my dear winter child...that is out of my control." She whispered and bowed her head again. I rummaged through my waistbelt and pulled out a small bone from one of the crows. I tossed it at her feet and a disappointed smile formed on her lips. 

"Please." My voice broke and my body shuddered. "I just want my brother back." I sobbed. The woman was silent, very silent. 

"I will bring back your brother, prince of blood, on one condition." She breathed out and I lifted my head to meet her deathly gaze. "Anything." I whispered with no hesitation. 

Blood sprayed across my face and the old woman cried out. Such a painful and sorrowful sound. 

An arrow, the head of it gleaming yellow, pierced the old god's throat. Her aging death eyes widened. 

"What you'll do for her is run." The man from the cell chuckled as he lowered his bow. His gnosis hummed through the air as he stalked toward the old god. She cried out in pain and scratched at her throat. I wanted to help her. I needed to help her. My Vision gleamed and I reached out for the old god. Shards of ice flew past her and right into the Geo Archon. He cried out in pain and stumbled back. 

An arrow went through my shoulder and I screamed in pain. My body fell and I hissed in full agony. A woman laughing forced me to snap my head. I don't recognize her. Her hair was a very long blonde braid and it swayed with every movement. Her eyes were a piercing blue and she looked at me and smiled wickedly. 

"Well look at that, it's the cryo bitch's son...the living one." She giggled behind a hand and lowered her bow. I hissed and she stood beside me. Her pale blue robe was not something you should wear in the cold. 

"He's a cute one, look at him, he's just a baby." She smiled softly and held my jaw. "Oh, you poor little thing...being stuck out here in the cold. Mione...look at him." She turned her gaze to the Geo Archon. Blood stained his hands and he looked at me. "Maybe the pleasure halls of Fontaine will enjoy him...I hear they take boys." Disgust ran through me and I tried grabbing the arrow. The bitch punched me hard and square in the face, I fell and blood trickled down my nose. I whimpered in pain. 

"Touch him again, Ryta...and I'll rip your clit off while you sleep." The man hissed and ripped his arrow out of the old god. The God coughed and her body fell off her throne. I struggled to get up and Ryta whined. 

The old god cried...black tears ran down her cheeks. "Aether, oh Aether, oh how I am so sorry." She sobbed as another arrow went through her chest. My eyes widened and I screamed. 

My only chance to get my brother back...My only chance to see Sephiran again...This isn't fair...

My eyes watered and a strong killer headache ran through my head. "Shall I just kill him, hm?" Ryta giggled and aimed another arrow at my head. I glanced at her and she became hesitant. 

"I-I can't...oh, Mione he's too adorable..." She whispered softly. 

The door slammed shut and both blondes turned their head. 

She stood in front of the door, her eyes filled with a rage I'd never seen before. Where her hand lay on the door, ice crept itself over it. She was drenched in blood and she just smiled. 

Mom just fucking smiled and said. 

"You've brought this upon yourself."