Chapter 30

It was their wedding day. Finally! They had been very eagerly waiting for this day. All the preparations had been almost done. The wedding was going to held in the society Hall, near Mr Prakash's Appartment.

Teju was having wedding jitters. Meanwhile Karan was the happiest man alive on the planet. Why not when he was going to marry the love of his life? He couldn't wait for the moment when he would see her in her wedding attire, when they would take pheras, when he will put vermillion on her forehead claiming her his.

Karan and his side of family and relatives had already arrived Delhi. They were staying in one of the luxurious hotels.

Now Karan was standing in front of the mirror cladded in a white sherwani. He wore the pagri and shoes. He was looking very handsome.

He was checking himself in mirror when his mother entered. Her eyes teared up looking at her son.

"Kitna sona lag raha hai mera puttar."

She took some kajal from her eyes and put it behind his ears to keep evil eyes off him.

"kal tak toh tu toys leke mere age piche ghumta rehta tha. Aur aj Mera beta shadi karne ja Raha hai. Kaise jaldi jaldi bada ho gaya hai mera beta." His mother said.

She couldn't control her tears. Karan pulled her in a hug.

When they broke the hug Karan wiped her tears. His mother looked at him. She could read how happy he was. She caressed his cheek.

"Chal beta. Abhi hum nikal jaayenge."

Karan along with all the baratis went to the wedding venue dancing all the way to there.

Karan was welcomed by his mother in law. She did some rituals then let the baratis enter.

***

Karan's eyes moistened as he saw her walking down with her father. Oh. How much he had been waiting for this moment.

Teju's eyes mirrored the same emotions. Marrying your love is undoubtedly an inexplicable moment.

Teju was wearing a red heavy embroidered lahenga. The makeup highlighted her Beauty. She was looking like a goddess.

She was made to stand beside Karan. Both looked at each other. Karan whispered, "you are looking beautiful" slowly. It was very low whisper only for Teju to hear. Red hue appeared on Teju's cheeks.

It was time for barmala exchange. It was a fun event. Karan had to bow in the end when she almost gave up.

Then both were made to sit next to each other. The priest started chanting mantras. Teju's father did her kanyadaan.

Kiyaansh did their gathbandhan. They were asked to stand up when the time for saat pheras came. Teju tripped and was going to fall but Karan held her securely. Everyone cheered at that moment. Teju blushed pulling away from him.

They took seven rounds around the fire promising each other to be with each other in every up and down, to trust each other, to take care of each other, to cherish and protect each other, to nourish their relationship with love and patience.

After the pheras they again sat down. Karan took the mangalsutra from the thali, tieing it around her neck. Next he took a pinch of vermillion filling her hairline with it sealing their bond to eternity.

Teju closed eyes her when he put vermillion on her forehead. A little vermillion fell on her nose which is believed to be auspicious.

"Vivaah sampanna hua."

The priest announced them as husband and wife. Then they took blessings from the elders. Kiyaansh came running to them. Karan took him in his arms.

"Mumma you looking very pretty." Kiyaansh complemented in aww.