Chapter 17

Next day,

Tejran and Kiyaansh were having breakfast with Karan's mom, Teju's family, Nisha and Aman's family and some other close relatives.

Tejran and Kiyaansh looked like a happy perfect family. But some nosy aunties couldn't digest seeing them happy including Nisha's mother. Nisha's mother was very jealous.

"Puttar, tumlog ne kya descision liya?" Karan's mother asked drawing Karan and Teju's attention.

Teju and Karan looked at each other then at Karan's mother.

"We decided to give each other a chance. A second chance." Karan announced.

"It's a great news." Karan's mother squealed in happiness as she caressed Karan's head who was sitting beside her.

"Man Kiya to alag ho gaye and man Kiya to ek ho gaye. Aj kal ke bacche bhi nah. Pyar - rishton ko khel bana diya hai." Nisha's mother taunted.

"Humare relationship status ko leke apko tension karne ki jarurat nahi hai. I really respect you and I would appreciate it if you mind your own business." Karan replied bitterly.

"Dekho inhe, shadi se pehle kand karenge aur inko kuch bol bhi nahi sakte..."

Nisha's mother was stopped by her husband.

"Shut your mouth and eat silently. Dusro ke zindagi me tang mat larao." Her husband ie Nisha's mother stated.

The everyone had their dinner silently.

***

The mehendi function had started in the evening. The women were in the hall where the function was going on and the men were chilling in other corner.

The mehendi artist were making henna patterns on Nisha's palm and other girls. Teju was with Nisha but she hadn't applied henna.

When Nisha's henna was done. She insisted Teju to apply henna.

"Arre tu bhi lagwa le. Please na."

"Nahi yaar. It's close to dinner time. Mujhe Duggu ko feed karna hoga aur mujhe bhi to khana hai." Teju refused.

"Arre tu tension kyu le Rahi hai. Apne jiju..."

Teju glared at her so she immediately corrected herself.

"Ahh-- I mean Karan hai na. He will feed Kiyaansh. If needed he will feed you too."

"Stop teasing me if you don't want me to ruin your henna patterns." Teju threatened her as she was irritated with her constant teasings.

"Okay sorry sorry. But please yar, mehendi laga le nah."

Nisha didn't wait for her reply. She called one of the artists and told her to make henna patterns on Teju's palms.

Teju didn't refuse this time. The artist took Teju's hand on hers and started making patterns.

The artist was almost done with her work when she slowly asked Teju slowly.

"Ma'am, kisi ka name likhwana hai?" The mehendi artist asked Teju.

Teju was about to say no but Nisha beat it to her.

"Haa. K likho aur haa acche se likhna." Nisha said smirking.

"Bilkul nahi. Tu kyu har bat pe tease kar rahi hai. Mujhe Karan ka name nahi likhwana hai." Teju said being irritated.

"Arre Maine to Kiyaansh ke liye kaha tha. Uska bhi to initial 'K' hi hai." Nisha said.

Teju couldn't utter anything as she understood how smartly Nisha had fooled her.

***

When it was dinner time, Teju called Karan.