Chapter 11

They kissed each other slowly and passionately pouring their every emotion into the kiss. They kissed untill they were out of breath. Breaking the kiss, Karan put his forehead against hers trying to calm his uneven breathes.

He pulled away a little to look at her eyes that were shining with tears. He wiped her tears with his thumb. He again leaned in to kiss her but God knows what came to her mind she suddenly pushed him.

He was about to fall due to the impact but he balanced himself.

He held Teju's wrist when he saw her leaving.

"What happened laddu? Have I done something wrong again? Why are you leaving?" Karan asked surprised with the sudden change in her behaviour.

Teju tried to free her wrist from his grip but he tightened his hold around her wrist.

"Please say something." Karan pleaded.

Teju gulped the lump that formed in her throat.

"Leave my hand Karan. Kiyaansh is alone. He will be scared if he wakes up alone in the room." Teju said.

"Stop making excuses. He won't wake up. I know he is a heavy sleeper." Karan said in a higher tone.

"I'm sleepy. Let me go."

He loosened his hold around her wrist. Holding her shoulder he turned her so that they were facing each other.

"What happened to you suddenly? We were good a minute back. What happened so suddenly. We have kiss---" he couldn't complete as he was interrupted by Teju.

"Yes we have kissed but we shouldn't have. It was ju-st a- a we-ak moment."

"Stop talking nonsense. We kissed because we both wanted it. Not due to a weak moment. Please don't regret the beautiful moment between us." Karan said as he held both of her hands.

"Laddu, listen to me clearly I won't let you go this time. Life without you was so much hard. I don't wanna go through that again. Please let's talk. Let's have proper conversation and clear all doubts. Please let's start afresh." Karan offered.

Teju jerked his hands harshly finally able to free her hands from his tight grip.

"It's not that easy Karan. A lot has changed in the past 5 years. You, me, our life everything has changed. I'm not the same Tejasswi anymore , neither you are the same Karan. I'm not your laddu neither you are my sunny---"

Karan interrupted her, "But our love remains the same."

"Love isn't enough in a relationship Karan. There are other important factors like compatibility,trust---- "

Karan again interrupted her but this time with a bit harshly, "You are the one who didn't trust me."

"Exactly. I didn't trust you and we both know the outcome. We have been suffering and with us our son, an innocent soul has been suffering too." Teju said.

"We'll make it work this time. Now we know how difficult life is without each other and we have learnt a lot from our mistakes. We won't do the same mistake again. And think about me too. I want to be a part of Kiyaansh's life. I want to cherish the fatherhood. Kiyaansh needs a father. Please atleast think about him." Karan pleaded.

"Main Kiyaansh ko age rakhke hi sare decision leti hu. I'll tell him about you. I want my son to get the love of his father. I'll never snatch his happiness. But I can't get back together with you." Teju stated firmly.

"So we can never be a happy family?" Karan asked.

"We'll be happy but not as a family." Teju answered.