Chapter 2

Mumbai

Karan had a cup of coffee and straight head to the gym. After an hour,when his body was soaking wet in his sweats he went to take a refreshing bath. After getting ready he went downstairs to join his parents in breakfast. But when his eyes fell on her, he got annoyed.

"Fuck." He cursed under his breath.

She was Amyra, his father's friend's daughter and also his once upon a time classmate. Before he could sit Amyra walked up to him and hugged him. He just wanted to pushed her but couldn't in front of his parents.

"Good morning Karan." Amyra wished him in her sexy voice that sounded creepy to him. Nevertheless he wished her back and pushed her lightly.

"Good morning mom dad." Karan wished his parents as he took a seat beside Amyra.

They started having the food but Amyra was clinging to him all the time.

"Oh come on Karan. It's been so long we since we have spent some quality time. Like old days. Chalo na kahi ghumne chalte hai." Amyra tried to persuade him.

"I can't. I'll be busy tonight." Karan denied.

She again tried to persuade him in her extra sweet voice that might work on others but not on him.

"karan, you work so hard. Give your mind and body some rest.We'll just hang out and have some fun."

"Don't act like a kid,Amyra." He said a bit harshly. Couldn't she just understand at once. But hearing him shouting on her, Amyra made a crying face.

"Lower your voice karan and she isn't saying anything wrong.You work 24×7 like a emotionless robot. She just wants you to have some fun." Karan's father spoke in between the two.

Though Karan got angry, he calmly replied.

"Kal Aman ki engagement hai Delhi me, dad. Main yeha rehkar supervise nahi kar sakta. Aj rat ko mera flight hai." Saying that he kissed on his mother's check and left for his office without sparing his father and amyra a glance.

His father had been trying persuade him to marry Amyra. But he didn't want to. Why couldn't his father understand that he wasn't ready to marry and definately not Amyra. Couldn't Amyra get the hints that he wasn't even a bit interested in her?

Delhi

After dinner Teju was now reading her son a bedtime story. But suddenly a thought came to his little mind.

"Mumma,ap mere liye pain me ho?" Kiyaansh asked his mother. His voice was full of concern for his mother.

"Nahi baccha. Ap to mere pain ko heal karte ho."

"But Nani said you are in pain because of me."

"Nani didn't mean to say that, Duggu.You were being stubborn na, while eating so she scolded you."

"Ohh..." After thinking for a while, he again asked, "but... but you cry sometimes at night. Why mumma?Apko stomach me pain hota hai?But ap to jyada chocolates bhi nahi khate."

She was so touched by his thoughtfulness that her eyes almost teared up. How could she explain him the reasons behind her tears? He was too little to understand these adult things.

She made him lie on her chest and caressed his hairs. "Hum big logo ko kabhi kabhi pain hota hai. You'll understand when you grow up. Abhi yeh sab bate chodo aur jaldi so jao. Kal Nisha maasi ki engagement hai na. Ap to khub Sara enjoy karoge na." Teju spoke changing the topic.

Kiyaansh was easily distracted. He excitedly replied, "Yes, main bhul hi Gaya tha. Mumma I'll wear my new shoes tomorrow okay?"

"Okay sir. Now sleep." Teju said and received a peck on her cheeks from her son. Soon they fall asleep.

***

Karan arrived in Delhi late at the night and straight went to his maternal house. His nani, mamu, mami, cousins welcomed him warmly. After having dinner with them he went to sleep.

Next day he woke up early. Having breakfast he went to Aman's fiancée's home where the engagement was going to take place. Though his team is very efficient, he wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

After sometime when he was almost done with his work, his phone rang.

Karan answered the call, "haa bhai. Bol."

"Bhai tu jara Nisha ko inform kar uska phone switch off hai and main kabse call kar raha hu usse."

"Thodi der bad engagement hai ab kya bat karna hai tujhe?" Karan teased him.

"Bhai, you just go and inform her, please." Aman requested Karan.

Karan laughed at his eagerness. He asked one of the family members about Nisha's room's direction and went there. He knocked the door and a soft "come in" was heard from inside. He opened the door and walked inside.

"Bhabi, woh Bhai---" He stopped when his eyes fell on the person. He couldn't believe she was in front of him after five years.

•-×-•

Please hit the star and let know your views through your comments.

Add the book to your library to never miss any update.