Chapter 10

Teju was in dilemma. A part of her didn't want to confront him and go through the bitter memories that she had left behind. On the other side a part of her wanted to confront him and ask him all those unanswered questions that had been haunting her since the past five years.

If not for her then atleast for her son, she wanted to do it. She didn't want to regret. She didn't want to snatch Kiyaansh chanch of having a father.

Making sure he was fast asleep she covered him with the duvet properly got down the bed. Taking her phone from the nightstand, she walked out of her room. When she reached Karan's door she knocked it.

"Come in." His voice was heard immediately as if he was waiting for her only.

She took a deep breath to gather some courage before she pushed open the door. Karan's manly fragrance immediately hit her nostrils making her breath heavy.

She entered inside and found Karan was sitting on the bed like a king. As if he own the world. His intense glare pinned her. She was intimated by him.

"Took a seat ma'am nahi to pair dukh jayega apka." Karan said without any emotions as he pulled a chair in front of him for her.

She sat on the chair hesitantly. He stood up walking to the table that he had turned into a mini bar, making himself a drink he turned around facing Teju.

He drank the glass in a go then walked back standing in front of Teju.

He didn't beat around the bush and straightway asked, "when did you get to know about your pregnancy?"

Teju couldn't utter a word making Karan more furious.

"Answer me damnit." Karan screamed at the top of his lungs.

Teju gulped hard before she mumbled, "During our last semester exams."

"Oh.. you knew it all along. You didn't even feel the need to tell me about my baby huh? Bas chali gayi mujhe chod ke. Naa ek call, naa message kuch nahi. Not even a proper good bye. You just disappeared with my baby in your womb." Karan stopped taking a deep breath he continued.

"Tumhe pata bhi hai mera kya halat ho gaya tha tumhare bina? Main uss din cafeteria me tumhari intezar karta raha, karta raha but tum nahi ayi. Uske bad bhi maine tum se alag alag tarike se contact karne ki koshis ki, tumhe dhundte dhunte tumhari Ghar ja pahucha but all in vain. Mujhe jake pata chala ki tum to waha rehti hi nahi ho. Kahi aur shift ho gayi ho." Karan spat angrily.

He threw the empty glass that broke into pieces just like their broken hearts when it hit the floor.

"Tell me why did you do this to me? Why did you left me? What was my fault? Batao kyu thukra ke chali gayi thi mere pyar ko?" Karan asked. His voice echoed in the room.

But the scared Teju wasn't scared anymore. As if his accusations slapped her hard on her face, she let out a bitter laugh.

"Pyar huh? Tum pyar ki bat kar rahe ho? Tumne kabhi mujhse pyar kiya bhi tha? Main bhi na kisse kya puch rahi hu. Tumhare jese insan ke liye to logo ke dil se khelna ek game hai. Stupid to main thi jo tumhare true colours nahi dekh payi aur tumhare games pe beleive karte gayi. Pata hi nahi chala ki main tumhare liye bas ek challenge thi. Nothing more than that.

Teju too stood up to match his hight then she held his collars.

"You played with my feelings, you played with my life. Maine tumse Sacha pyar kiya tha. Kya nahi kiya tha tumhare liye? Maa papa se bhi jhut bola tumhare liye. College bunk Kiya. Tumhe apni pehli priority bana li thi. Lekin badle me kya mila mujhe? Dhoka! Betrayal!And you still have the f*cking audacity to question me.