Chapter 12

They had finished the breakfast together. Now Teju was trying to make Kiyaansh eat his medicine which he was as usual refusing.

"No I not eat medicine.This yuck." Kiyaansh whined as he made a disgusting face.

"This one tastes better I promise." Teju coaxed him to have the medicine.

She tried to push the spoon of syrup into his mouth. She succeeded in shoving the spoon into his mouth but he spit it out.

"Duggu, enough of your stubbornness. Ap ek bhi bat nahi sunte ho. Bht badmash ho gaye ho ap." She yelled at Kiyaansh.

Tears brimmed in Kiyaansh's eyes. His lips wobbled. He was going to cry at any moment.

She again poured the syrup in the spoon. She took the spoon towards his mouth.

"Open your mouth." Teju said sternly.

Karan didn't like Teju scolding his son. But Kiyaansh needed to have it. So he tried to coax him in having the medicine. He pulled Kiyaansh closer and took him on his lap.

"It's okay if he doesn't want to have it. I know it tastes bad. But you (to Teju) know what, Kiyaansh won't be a strong boy if he doesn't drink this then he can't become chota Bheem." Karan said.

"But I wanna be chota Bheem." Kiyaansh said.

"Then you'll have to have this." Karan said As he took the spoon from Teju and shoved it inside his mouth.

Kiyaansh gulped it making a poker face. Karan and Teju smiled at him.

"Main chota Bheem hu." Kiyaansh said.

Karan kissed his checks. Teju stared at them lovingly. She was amazed by the way Karan made him eat his medicine. She realised how wrong she had been to hide her son from his father.

Then Karan too looked at her. They shared an eye-lock. Karan understood looking at her face what she was thinking. He didn't wanted her to feel guilty. So he smiled at her encouragingly. She took for a moment then gave him a small smile.

After that, Karan was about to go downstairs but Teju stopped him.

"Karan. Woh main aj Duggu ko tumhare bare me batane ke bare me soch rahi thi." Teju said.

An instant smile broke on his face.

"Really?" Karan asked excitedly.

"Haa. So if you are free hum kahi bahar ja sake toh better hoga. Tum dono ko eksath time spent karne ko bhi mil jayega." Teju offered.

"I'm always free for both of you. Me and my time both are yours";He wanted to say this but he didn't instead he said, "Haa kyu nahi? Main free hi hu aj. Toh lunch bahar karte hai aj."

"Okay." Teju agreed.

"Okay toh tum aur Kiyaansh ready rehna. I will take you both out." Karan said before he left from Teju's room with a smile.

***

Teju and Kiyaansh were almost ready. Teju was setting Kiyaansh's hair.

"Mumma are we going out with uncle Karan." Kiyaansh asked his mother.

Teju so wanted to correct him that Karan wasn't his uncle but his daddy. But she didn't.

"Yes baby---"

She was interrupted by the door knock. Teju opened the door to find Karan dressed in casuals. He looked hot.

He looked at her open mouthed. She looked so beautiful in the frock. A pinkish hue making a way to her checks.