Chapter 14

Teju pulled away from the hug and moved towards her suitcase to take out Kiyaansh's cloth and came back to them.

"Duggu baccha, chalo let me give you a bath. Aj Nisha maasi ki haldi function. Come on."

Teju called Kiyaansh as she ushered him closer to her and lift him up.

"I think tumhe bhi taiyar ho jana chahiye." Teju suggested Karan.

Karan nodded at her as he wore his shirt. He walked upto them and kissed Kiyaansh's forehead before he walked out of the room.

Teju gave Kiyaansh a bath and dressed him up.

"Ab ap neche jao and koi badmashi nahi okay? Mumma jaldi ready hoke niche jayegi."

Like a obedient kid, he nodded his head and ran out of the room after kissing his mother's checks.

"Don't run baby." Teju yelled at her son.

Her words didn't even reach his ears as Teju disappeared from her sight.

Teju chuckled at her baby before she dressed up in a peach coloured simple lehenga. She did minimal make up. She wore earrings and left her hairs open. Giving a last glance at herself through the mirror she left for the haldi function.

***

Karan got ready in a white ethnic kurta-pajama and a baby blue jacket over the kurta. Shoving his phone inside his pocket he walked out of his room.

As he closed the door he heard the door of the adjacent room opened and then closed. He turned towards the direction to find Teju cladded in a lehenga looking so elegant. He couldn't take off his eyes from her.

***

Closing the door Teju turned to find Karan looking at her. He looked so Handsome in ethnic clothes. Teju's heart skipped a beat when she found his eyes directly looking at hers.

Their staring session continued till one of Karan's cousin came to call him.

"Bhai chalo. Aman Bhai ka haldi start hone wala hai."

Karan and Teju came to reality as they looked away from each other.

"Haa. Tum jao. I'm coming."

His cousin disappeared from there.

Karan walked towards Teju.

"You are looking gorgeous in lehenga. I have always wanted to see you in lehenga." Karan couldn't stop himself from complementing her.

Teju's checks turned red at his complement. She too wanted to say the same but stopped herself.

"Thanks. You too look good."

Karan smiled.

"Chale."

They both together went to the hall where the haldi function was being taken place.

They heard commotion as they reached the hall.

"See, what the kid has done. Haldi ka bowl gira diya. Yeh ab shagun hai." Nisha's mother yell cried.

They saw a few aunties gathering around Kiyaansh who accidentally fell the haldi bowl down on the floor.

"I said this so many times. He is a bad omen. Bin bap ke aulad ese hi hote hai. Ese baccho ko kisi subh karya ne ane hi nahi dena chahiye. Nazayaz aulad kahi ke." One of the aunties spat.

"Enough..." Karan's voice roared in the hall.

Teju rushed to her son and gathered him in her arms. Kissing him again and again with tears flowing down her checks.