𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

❖❖❖

Content Warning

Murder, descriptions of blood and mentions of abuse will be present. If any of these make you uncomfortable, I ask you to please consider your well-being before reading. I will make sure to also add content warnings to the chapters when they appear.

Disclaimer

This book is a work of fiction. Names of historical people or places may be mentioned but they are not representative of the actual historical individual or place. Instead, they take inspiration from that person or place.

I ask that you do not blatantly copy and claim this story as your own. Thank you.

Map

[DRAFT]

Glossary

Alchemist ― a person who practises alchemy.

Alchemy ― an early form of chemistry.

Aether ― the substance of complete light, no darkness can form within it, a component of magic.

Automaton ― creations powered by magic, varying in model and type.

Caelum ― a person who is able to perform magic, being born with a magia.

Cael ― the title used for a caelum who identifies outside the gender binary.

Caela ― the title used for a caelum who identifies as female.

Caelus ― the title used for a caelum who identifies as male.

Consulting Detective ― another name for a private investigator.

Drake ― is another word for a continent.

Erebos ― the substance of complete darkness, no light can form within it, a component of magic.

Hunters ― a person who hunts creatures, experts in hunting monsters.

Idrimis ― a country located in Ino.

Ino ― a continent or drake located to the north.

Jaya ― a country located in Sól.

Khionthe ― a country located in Ino.

Magia ― an organ in a caelum's body that creates magic.

Magic ― a steam-like substance formed through the combination of aether and erebos, used as energy to power machinery and factories.

Rosmertía ― a country located in Ino.

Royal Cael / Caela / Caelus of Idrimis ― a caelum, usually one of great influence and power within Idrimis, who is employed in the service of the Crown.

Sól ― a continent or drake located to the east.

Tarum ― capital city of Idrimis.

Viridis ― a country located in Sól.

Witch Hunters ― a group whose goal is to eradicate the practice of magic and those who use it.

Wraith ― the spirit of a deceased caelum, beings of pure unlimited magic that tend to exhibit a specific negative emotion felt when the caelum died.

Author Note

The goal is to get chapters out once a month or once every two months. I appreciate any feedback; whether it be grammar or story related.

Though this is set in the Victorian Era, it leans heavily into fantasy hence the world map I made. Rather than writing a Victorian Era steampunk fantasy book, it's more of me writing a book that imitates the Victorian Era to varying degrees of success. It's far from perfect but I have fun writing it. If you are an enthusiast of the 1800s, I apologise in advance for any mistakes I make regarding the time period and ask for your understanding as well as any feedback.

❖❖❖