iv. A Letter

❖❖❖

Omatri 24th 340

26 Stoker Street, Tarum

Madam Laura Winters,

Lady Nadia Artemisia seeks to employ the assistance of the licensed Hunter and consulting detective, Madam Laura Winters.

It is common knowledge by now that an arson attack has greatly damaged the main estate of Lady Artemisia. Having lost one residence, it was in the Lady's interest to swiftly examine the condition of her other properties. This has brought to her attention that one estate appears to have multiple incidents alluding to a haunting. A lady in white has been seen stalking the halls. One report tells of the apparition screaming and breaking objects around the residence. No one has been harmed however, there is fear that it will soon come to pass that one may find themselves being attacked by the aggressive spirit. This has caused quite a commotion among the staff and scared many away. Lady Artemisia requests that Madam Winters might aid in capturing whatever may haunt the estate. To help in this endeavour, Lady Artemisia has sent a package along with this letter. Within the package is a device that will assist in the detainment of the alleged spirit. Upon the capture of the creature, a servant of Lady Artemisia will retrieve the device.

Ultimately it is of utmost importance that whatever may haunt the estate is apprehended with care. This is to ensure both the safety of Madam Winters and the faithful servants that remain working at the mansion. If Madam Winters is willing to accept this request, she may come to Lady Artemisia's private estate located at 26 Stoker Street. It is believed best that during her investigation, Madam Winters remains at the residence until the hauntings are no more. As such, Lady Artemisia asks that Madam Winters bring with her any essentials needed for her day-to-day life. Payments will be given once the hauntings are no more.

Yours Respectfully,

Lady Nadia Artemisia

❖❖❖

Hope you liked the chapter. Thanks for reading and appreciate any feedback.

A.N. Initially, I had planned this to be at the end of the previous chapter but that one ended up being already long and that's why this mini-chapter exists.

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who voted and commented on this story so far. I get really nervous to comment back to people to thank them as my anxiety always gets the better of me but know that I am truly grateful for you showing interest in this story.