-1️⃣8️⃣-

when george stormed out of his penthouse, he didn't have any idea of where he was going. he just drove and drove until he couldn't anymore. which in truth wasn't that far because he had to fill his tank, but before he actually stopped, actually got out of the car, he was in San Diego.

he pulled off on the side of the road, it was a pull over but there was a little beach not to far from it. so he parked, and just started walking down. it was dark out now, maybe dinner time but he didn't care.

george sat down on the beach, far enough so the water couldn't touch him but it was barley splashing against his now exposed feet.

"oh cara" georges voice was raspy, sleep deprived and tired, but talking into the ocean was calming.

"I dont know what to do" george put his head in his knees that were held tightly against his chest.

the brunette sat there for a while, just watching as the little slivers of sun disappeared into the mountains, the ocean slowly pulling out from georges little cove. time passed, so very much time passed, george had literally sat there until the sun started to rise, and it was beautiful.

the little yellow blob emerged from the mountains behind him, sending colored scattered around the sky. the road behind george started to get busy and he decided it was best to go.

his feet left the sand, him brushing off any of the little grains left on his body. he was still bare foot but he didn't care, just walking up the little dirt path covered in over grown roots.

george did bring his phone, he didn't care as much as he usually does, as much as he usually tries to hide, and truth be told, he wanted clay to find him, to tell him its all going to be okay, that they would be there for eachother, but when george opened his phone, he had no notifications. not a single person attempted to see if he was okay.

out of anger, george threw his phone as far as he could, over the ledge and onto the beach. he watched the ocean slowly pull it into the sandy grasp, ruining the electronic part of it but giving george the satisfaction he needed.

driving, speeding, filling up on gas, hours, days, weeks, and george was now on the east coast, sitting in a beach house he owned. without any electronics, changing out his car for another one, no one would find him. even if they were looking. because this beach house, it was tucked in a little swamp like grove, there was a ginormous viny willow tree that drooped over the house, sending vines around the structure like a shade of curtains.

all george had, all he needed, food, clothing, and his record player.

that record player, the one he has had for years, but left it here since last run away. there was several vinyl's, but one he kept on repeat.

Dreamland: Glass animals.

but the song, the one song he kept repeating, intentionally turning the needle back to listen to the song again. Heatwaves. It was a song he hadn't heard until that night, until he was helplessly crying and shouting, trashing his own house. and then he picked it all up in the morning, that same song on repeat.

but today, I see our reflections clearly in Hollywood

laying on the screen

you just need a better life than this

you need something I can never give

fake water all across the road

its gone now, the night has come

the lyrics, the words, they spun through georges head like a whirlwind of debris, but on repeat. for days, that song echoed.

time passed and george didn't know what day it was, he didn't know how long he had been gone, but he was happy. he was slowly going insane, but he was happy.

-

"techno its been two months. hes not waking up" nicks voice was raspy, standing at the end of the bed with his hands on the frame.

dream had gone comatose, no one knows why, its unexplainable, he didn't even pass out from blood loss, it was just lights out and then coma.

"I know its just-" techno was sitting on a chair right next to the bed, his hair messily tied into a hair clip that was no doubt lauras as it had flames and butterflies on it.

"with george still missing, we have every single recourse possible and hes gone." techno re started a different sentence, trying to change the subject from his dying boss on the bed Infront of him.

"techno, you know him better than anyone, he knows how to hide and if he didn't want to be found, he wont" nick started to walk towards the window, just staring out the castle like building and onto the wide range of mountains and trees.

techno wasn't going to respond but he felt interrupted when james and ash burst through the doors, the two technical people in the mafia.

"what" nick turned around, on guard, after all, this was his mafia now.

"george was just spotted in Florida" ash let the words fly out of his mouth and as soon as techno heard them, he bolted out of his chair and booked it down the hallway, but anyone who tried to stop him failed.

"thank you" nick hit ash's shoulder and jogged down the hallway, waving off everyone in the dining room who were worried about technos hushed manor.

nick made it outside, techno was literally already in their chopper and starting it up. but there were people outside now, both alarmed and confused.

"techno" nick tried to shout from the side of the chopper but the propellers started spinning and nick couldn't fight the wind.

"what the hell are you doing" alex got up next to nick and they started arguing about something incoherent to everyone else.

but techno didn't care, as soon as the helicopter was ready, he pulled off the ground and started flying away. he lost his best friend once, he wasn't going to lose him again.