"This is it." Dream tells me, and he drops down near a tree, shifting underbrush to look for something. I peer over his shoulder, watching him brush off leaves to reveal flat wooden planks and a heavy handle. Dream lifts the trapdoor up, showing a dimly lit hole and a ladder running down, deep underground. 

"Ladies first." He motions me to climb down into the hole. I shift my pack, sliding into the tight space. It's too small, not enough air, not enough light, constricting my lungs instantly. Dream reaches down to squeeze my hand. "I'm right here okay? Just breathe Rosie, you've got this."

I nod shakily, gripping the rungs of the ladder so tightly my hands hurt, because I'm worried they'll shake so badly I'll fall off. My throat tightens with the panic, like everything is closing in and squeezing me to death, and I'm struggling to even be able to breathe. 

I inch down the ladder, until there's enough space for Dream to climb in with me. He shimmies down, bringing the trapdoor closed with a terrible thunk. The effect is instantaneous. The panic and adrenaline kick in immediately, going from a small, uncomfortable pit in my stomach, to live-wires running through every vein, electrifying my entire body. 

"You got this Rosie, you're okay." Dream says soothingly, looking down at me. I can see a glimpse of his face from the torch light and the bottom of his boots and legs. My fingers are frozen in place, unable to uncurl, and the only thing I can really register is the pumping, pounding rhythm of my heart, thundering in my ears and sending that fear coursing through every little bit of my skin. 

One rung at a time is how I end up going, descending down deeper into the darkness, Dream coaches me through it, the soft tones of his voice the only thing soothing the frayed nerves that spark pure terror inside me, the only gentle constant in a writhing sea. I think my heart almost falls out of my chest when my feet hit solid ground and the whole world expands into a brightly lit cavern. The dizzying relief is almost nauseating, and I fight not to be so overwhelmed that I'm thrown off balance.

Dream reaches the bottom with me, sliding his arm around me with a reassuring squeeze. 

"You okay?" He murmurs, kissing me on the cheek. I let out a deep breathe of relief and nod, finally able to breathe in space and light, even if we still are underground. 

"You want to stop for a bit?" Dream asks. "There's no more tight areas but we can wait as long as you need."

"No, no, I'm fine." I answer unconvincingly, letting his arm fall away from me and walking through the massive tunnel. It really is huge, a block of space in between four walls of stone, lit brightly by lanterns hanging of iron nails driven into the rock. It stretches far off into the distance, wherever it leads to unclear. 

It takes us maybe ten minutes in the end, me in front, Dream close behind with his sword in his hand, to reach the end, double oak doors plated in the same iron as the lamps and their chains and the nails. They're dusty, caked in fine grey powder and a little rusty on the hinges. 

When Dream pushes them open, it's with a pained groan, but they swing inwards to reveal the ravine. The wave of familiarity collapses on top of me like a fucking tsunami, so powerful I'm nearly knocked clean off my feet. It almost feels as if someone has punched me straight in the chest. 

Three dirty faces are staring at us, with the same shocked, pale expressions, one woman, and two boys, one with a milky eye. 

I lurch forward, out of Dream's protective shadow and into Niki, Tommy and Tubbo.

"I missed you guys so much." I manage to get out, even if it is a little strangled, engulfing them in  some awkward four person hug, stretching my arms out to somehow embrace all three of them.