Chapter Sixty One

Start from the beginning

"I thought you were a rising star and I hadn't ever heard of you that was until Jen told us you were brand new to modelling" Anaya says before the elevator dings and we both step inside.

"Most people have heard of my parents just not me, and I'm perfectly fine with that, I wanted to have my own reputation rather then the one that people give me based on who I spend my time with" I say.

"Independence, not a lot of models have that, some I've met especially from LA are too busy with the money to realize they are trapped to one brand or agency. The nice part about here is that the agency pays you based on the contract you sign with the brand, rather then with them" Anaya says turning to me as I pressed the button for the bottom floor.

"You get to travel all over the world for shoots, for ad shoots or magazine shoots we use studios, most of the time though nature is the background".

"Sounds like an enjoyable profession" I comment and she looks over at me.

"I think it is, it was a dream for a long time" Anaya says.

"You and me both" I muse before the elevator dings once more and we are left to walk out into a large marble covered marble, which I always found slightly odd, was how much there was in so many buildings in New York.

As we left the building, stepping into the last ebbs of fading sunlight, I spotted both a blue Porsche parked along the curb along side a black 488 Spider with a sheet of paper under the wiper with my name written on it.

"Is that a gift?" Anaya says gesturing to the car that I'd walked over to and stopped to look at the piece of paper before sliding it out from under the wiper, being careful not to move it since supercar wipers don't bend. I then held up the piece of paper to see what looked like a clear set of writing on the back of the paper. Under the rim.

I then neatly folded the piece of paper and knelt down before reaching around and grabbing hold of the fob.

Once I had unlocked the car I stood and opened the door.

"If this is your first modelling shoot, or one of them, where did you get the money for a Ferrari?" the blonde but twenty feet away asks.

"My boyfriend, he's made himself into something young, and I wanted to do the same. He also must have sent this car for me" I say opening the door.

"What's your boyfriend's name?" Anaya asks squinting slightly as she asks the question.

"Nathan" I reply knowing that he wouldn't want me name throwing, and honestly I'm not that girl so why would I make myself out to be.

"Hmm, well he seems nice to have given you this for enjoyment" she says before getting into her own car and starting it.

I then followed suit and carefully pulled out of the spot before speeding off towards Steinway tower.

As I slowed outside the building, I turned into the garage and was grateful that Nathan had let me put my thumb print into the system for easy access to the garage. Once inside I then carefully found the cars spot and parked it being extremely cautious to not hit anything, and then getting out.

Locking the car I then walked to the elevator and went up to Nathan's penthouse, where I'd be met by the smells that he preferred, and the shades that he often chose.

A ding then brought me back to attention soon followed by the scent of a freshly burned candle. Shadows were cast across the room while the city lights beyond lit up all of the living room in pale light.

The small piece that I didn't fully remember was the figure standing by the window the stone grey dress shirt they wore unbuttoned at the collar and sleeves, both cufflinks neatly set in a nearby velveteen, the black jacket folded and hung over the back of the couch providing a place for the box, and a phone.

"You know I didn't think you'd have gotten home a lot sooner then seven PM" the soft voice of Nathan says before he turns around and leans against the window frame a glass of wine in each of his hands, and a smirk plastered on his face.

"I'd have thought you'd turn on the lights" I quip not being able to hide the smile on my lips.

"My flare for the dramatic wouldn't be satisfied if I left the lights on, wine Miss Hamilton, you can tell me all about your day" Nathan says handing me a glass and pressing the button that turned on the lights.

"You always have a flair for the dramatic, you're six foot and wear extremely well made bespoke suits".

"Thank you for noticing the custom clothing I wear" he says with a sly smile before he found a place to sit and I joined him sitting across from where he was.

"You're welcome, also when did you get here".

"About five minutes before yourself, I walked back to the penthouse after dropping off the car, that's also why it seemed like the garage hadn't been touched" Nathan says raising his glass to his lips.

"Only you would commit to something like that" I say.

"Not really, there are dozens of good men, perhaps... likely better then I will ever be" he says a small smile playing at his lips.

"But you haven't answered my question" he adds.

I then let out a short laugh, "so persistent. My was mostly putting on various outfits, doing dozens of poses, and getting hundreds of pictures taken of me, can't say much more then that since I'm bound by contract".

"I could bound you" he says and I immediately flush at the innuendo.

"What?" I gasp and he laughs.

"It was a joke" Nathan smirks, "unless you don't want it to be".

"Keep your kinkiness over there" I direct and he just laughs.

"You're so easy to tease" Nathan chimes and I glare at him before setting down my wine glass, and he gives me an inquisitive look before doing the same right before I lunge across the room and take a pillow before playfully tossing it at him.

"Arilynn" he says in a warning voice as he effortlessly kicked the pillow up into his hands, "are you trying to have a pillow fight with me".

"Maybe" I cheekily respond and he just gives a split second quirk of his eyebrows for a response before rolling up his sleeves.

"So be it, you start" Nathan says before I arm myself and our pillow swinging dance began moving all around the penthouse, while both of us laughed like we were manic.

I like these playful moments they're fun to write, leave comments, also vote, and share. Anyways I am going back to bed.

Peace