☆ 21 ☆

[ Hyunjin's POV ]

I trusted my friend and I got stabbed in the back.

Kim Seungmin, My best friend since childhood was acting pretty different for the past 2 weeks, He seemed happy and I was happy seeing him that way.

But I somehow felt that he was hiding something from me. Whenever I comeback to the dorm tired after doing my volunteering work, the first thing I tell him is 'Let's go and eat'. But whenever I did so, he always says that he ate dinner alone already as he was hungry. I believed him, he is my best friend after all.

He still accompanied me to the cafeteria though, so I didn't find it suspicious. He often smiled, or more like blushed when he used his phone which intrigued me often. But I left it aside too thinking he was just smiling scrolling through some YouTube shorts.

Yesterday, during the movie too he was suddenly acting weird and he talked back to me which he had never done before. His expression was changing whenever I dragged Minho's name and talked bad about him.

Today Seungmin was a bit dull throughout the lecture and lunch break. I checked on him from time to time and he kept insisting that he was fine and he put on a smiling face which obviously looked fake.

After class when we planned to just roam around the campus after 2 weeks, Seungmin saw his phone, smiled and suddenly started rushing out of the classroom saying that he needed to use the restroom. I was so worried since he started rushing like that so I ran behind him. I even called his name a few times but he didn't seem to hear me as he was running much ahead of me.

I froze for a second when I saw him smiling and entering into a familiar room which was Minho's private cabin.

I rushed inside and opened the door. My heart shattered into pieces seeing Minho and Seungmin hugging each other.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

[ 3rd Person POV ]

"Kim Seungmin?"

The two of them panicked and turned their heads towards the familiar voice.

"Hy- Hyunjin?" Seungmin started shivering knowing that Hyunjin caught them together. Hyunjin was still processing the moment, he didn't know what to believe and what not to. He just stands there open mouthed and pointing his trembling hands at the two opposite to him.

Minho didn't quite expect them to be caught by Hyunjin inside his cabin but at the same time, he was happy that Hyunjin came to know about them. He intertwines Seungmin's hand and stands in front of the taller.

"Get-" Hyunjin's voice started to tremble too "Get your fucking hands off him, Minho"

Minho feels the sweat in the younger's hand and his body trembling a bit. He calms the younger down "It's ok Seungmin, He had to know one day or another so let's just tell him about us now"

"Tell me what?"

"Jinnie!" Seungmin takes a deep breath "I- I love him Hyunjin. I really wanted to tell you this sooner but-" Seungmin was cut off.

"YOU WHAT?" Hyunjin screamed on top of his lungs. He was backstabbed by his best friend.

"Calm down jinnie, I know that you're shocked but-" He was cut off again.