Chapter Twelve

12.

            "Again we are so sorry about this." I heard Mr. and Mrs. Weasley say as they were helping an older witch out of the door of the burrow.

"Death eaters never scared me." She responded before they exchanged their goodbyes as I picked up one of the chairs in the kitchen. The burrow was trashed from when the Death Eaters ransacked it, but they had finished questioning the guests and looking through the burrow. Thankfully they didn't find the ghoul stashed up in the attic, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had just told them that Ron had apparated along with Hermione somewhere for safety that he would be back for the school year. Which we all know he won't, that is why his ghoul will come in handy. I smiled, it was all coming back to me, but this was all unfamiliar territory.

"Rowan," I heard a voice call for me as I noticed the whole Weasley clan along with Tonks and Remus standing in the living room staring at me. I gave them a small innocent smile.

"Oh hi guys. We're doing this now huh?" I asked a bit shakily before I looked around to see the burrow was still pretty turned upside down from the Death Eaters. "You know we really should clean all this up, it's such a mess and—"

However, my sentence was cut off as they waved their wands and instantly things were going back to where they belonged. The broom had even came out of the closet and was sweeping up all the dirt the death eaters had brought it, in a matter of seconds everything was nice and tidy again. "Right... magic makes things so much easier." I replied nervously as Molly pointed to the couch in the living room that was no longer upside down. I sighed as I walked over and sat in the middle cushion while the twins sat on either side of me and the rest of the family were staring at me as if expecting me to blurt out that I'm actually a muggle from London who's read all the Harry Potter books and was apparated here to the Wizarding world by Fred and George Weasley who know nothing about it by jumping off my apartment roof in my footie pajamas. Yeah... as if I was going to say that.

"Rowan," I heard my name again as I looked up to see Mrs. Weasley looking down at me, "would you care to explain what happened tonight?"

I scoffed, "well Death Eaters make for terrible wedding crashers, I mean the nerve of them. Am I right?" I asked with a grin as I looked at the twins who just gave me a bemused look as if I was mental. I was getting there.

"Why did you have this in your possession?" Remus asked me firmly as he moved my wand in my face. I looked from the wand to the many curious eyes staring at me, "tell me or else I will take you to the ministry of magic now."

"Remus, there's no need to do that." Mrs. Weasley replied as she looked at Remus with a slight glare.

"Blimey, you're mental if you think we'd let you—"

"take our little mouse from us." Fred finished George's sentence as he gave me a quick smile. Well at least I knew that I hadn't completely blown what I had here.

"I'm sorry, but she has to explain herself."

"Okay I will," I replied quickly before anyone else to speak, "look I found the wand."

"You found it?" Remus asked curiously as I sighed. I hope I knew where I was going with this. I nodded my head in response, "when? And why did you pick it up?"