Chapter Eleven

11.

I had finally managed to take a seat at one of the tables finally escaping Lee Jordan; who had now started dancing with Ginny. I smiled at Lee, Fred and George had introduced me to him earlier and he was quite pleasant and funny like the two of them. I could understand why they were friends. I caught Harry staring off in the distance at Ginny and Lee dancing, feeling sorry for him I felt myself walking towards him. "Hello cousin Barny." I teased taking a stand next to him as he smiled over at me.

"Nice hair Rowan, you look like a true Weasley." I grinned becoming giddy at the thought for a second. "Why'd you stop dancing with Lee?"

"Come on Harry, a girl can only dance for so long. Just like Ginny, she'll stop dancing with Lee soon enough." I responded as I noticed his ears tinge, "Anyways, it's not like she likes him, even if the guy she likes says they can't be together."

"How'd you—"

"I share a room with Ginny, we talk Harry." I replied lying. In truth Ginny had only told me a couple things about her and Harry, but Harry was an open book, literally. "You know I can bet that you and Ginny will end up together."

Harry sighed, "How can you even say that? I know you're a squib Rowan, but even you can't be that daft with the way the world is."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not daft Harry. I know that everything kind of blows right now, it doesn't mean it'll get better someday. You may not believe me now, but I know you're going to end up with Ginny I'd bet my life on it."

I felt Harry stare at me for a while before he shook his head, refusing to argue with me. "I hope you're right." Was all he said as I looked back onto the dance floor to see Fred and George walking out of the tent with a couple of veelas, something in my chest tightened just a tad. "What about you and Fred?"

My head immediately whipped around, "what about me and Fred?"

"Or you and George? Sorry I'm not very good at picking up that kind of stuff, but you seem close to them."

"Nothing is ever going to happen between me or anybody else here." I replied firmly. "I don't like anybody like that nor will I." Harry looked at me curiously.

"Then why are you still looking at the spot where Fred and George left?" My chest tightened again.

I sat at the table watching everyone dance and glancing at Harry talking with that one guy that was friends with Dumbledore in the past. Couldn't remember his name for the life of me. My eyes darting every now and then towards the entrance, the twins had been gone for awhile. I sighed, why did I even care? I wasn't the type of girl to get jealous. "What?" I asked myself. I have no reason to be jealous! That's what I meant. Fred and George can mess with anybody they want to mess with.

I noticed my hair fading back to black as I took out one of the taffys I was carrying around and immediately started seeing my hair get lighter again. "Hello." I heard a dark sultry voice with what sounded like some kind of Russian accent. I looked up and immediately took notice of Viktor Krum standing in front of me. He was thin, dark and had a large curved nose. He wasn't necessarily my type, but he was rather attractive with his small beard and dark complexion. "Vot is your name?"