#forty-one#

Mulai dari awal

Yeonjun stops getting the paperwork ready and bites the the skin of his lip.

"Just three. I'm on 'intern duty'."

"What does that mean?" Harper asks with furrowed brows.

"They won't give me any cases they don't think capable of handling. So.. not very many at all."

"But you graduated just the same as they did." Harper points out.

"Yeah..." Yeonjun swallows. "But it's fine. If you want a different attorney, I can email my boss and tell him."

He reaches for his laptop and types the password in. This wasn't something that he didn't expect. He goes through this often.

"No." Harper and Yoongi both stop him.

They look at each other and then back to him.

"It's fine. You're an attorney too." Yoongi tells him. "The processes are all the same, just different methods of execution."

"Besides, you need the experience anyway." Harper says with a small smile.

Yeonjun looks between them, waiting to see if they'll recant. When they don't, he stops typing the email to his boss. He doesn't delete the draft but exits out of the webpage.

"So where do we start?" Harper asks him.

"I need to know everything about your relationship with Mr. Collins and the role that he plays in your son's life. The more I know, the better understanding I'll have."

Yoongi squeezes Harper's hand as he feels her tense up a bit. He rubs the back of her hand with his thumb to comfort her.

This case with Jahlil will be the last time that Harper will have to relive her trauma. After this, she never has to speak of it again. She never has to deal with it again.

Just one final time to keep her son safe and this is it.

######

Hailey and Taehyung watch as Onyx crawls around their house. He explores the living room, under the coffee table, into the pantry.

He's followed by the eyes of Sid as he stands behind the gate to keep him in the back of the house.

Sid whines as he watches the baby, shifting his eyes from Hailey to Onyx.

"I know, Sid. I'm sorry. Onyx is a little scared of dogs right now. I know you won't hurt him but his mommy and daddy said no." She walks over and gives him pets down his back.

"Maybe when Harper comes to pick him up, we can see if she'll let him sniff him. Just to get familiar with his scent."

"He's already familiar with his scent. It was all over the living room last time. He wants to play but Onyx might be scared and I don't want to freak him out."

"I don't think he's too freaked out." Tae says as he nods in Onyx's direction.

He's crawling toward the baby gate. Hailey sits on the floor and Onyx crawls into her lap. He looks at the dog as he sucks on his pacifier.

Sid starts wagging his tail excitedly and sticking his nose through the diamonds of the gate. Onyx finds that funny and does a baby chuckle.

He grabs Hailey's hand and spits his pacifier out. He puts her thumb in his mouth and Hailey cringes. She looks down at him and he's focused on the dog while he gnaws on her thumb.