breakout

"Detective Grimes, you're becoming a regular." the guard noted as she took the girl's gun, pocket knife and purse, not bothering to search her for hidden weapons, considering she was a cop.

"I've only visited two times."

"That's more than people usually do. Why do you bother anyway?"

Lili wanted to hiss at her and tell her that it was none of her business, but she supposed it wouldn't be smart to be rude to the only person who knew about her and Jerome's little meet ups, who could listen to their conversations and use it against her.

"I'm doing an experiment." she lied smoothly "Mr.Valeska has a special mind, his way of thinking is quite interesting, it helps me understand criminals a little more. It makes it easier to catch them."

"Special mind?" the woman scoffed, putting the keys inside the lock "I'd use psychotic." without waiting for an answer she opened the door, allowing the detective inside.
The grey walls and the pour lighting made the room feel smaller and colder than it actually was, in the middle there sat Jerome, warming the place up with his smile. Most people would say he looked rather scary with his new face, but Lili couldn't be scared, not when she could still see the faint freckles and the child like blush, not when his eyes looked like a field, green like the grass, small traces of yellow the flowers, looking at him felt like summer. She just had to be careful not to forget that she couldn't spend a lot of time on the sun, or she might get burned.

"Well hello, detective!" he grinned staring at the girl, analysing her appearance, she was wearing her usual black suit and white shirt looking smart as ever, however, he noticed dark circles under her eyes due to the lack of sleep and stress she was going trough, he hated seeing her so exhausted from work, it reminded him of why he needed to hurry with his plans. There was one thing different about her, her usual pink lips were now burning red, the color made her look more powerful, more herself. Jerome wished she wore that more often "Long time no see."

"Jerome." she smiled "I visited about a week ago, that's half the time I should've waited."

"I know, but, time passes slowly when I miss you so bad." his smirk widened as the girl's cheeks flushed "Is that why you came early? Did you miss me too?"

Lili rolled her eyes "I just had a day off."

"You look like you needed it."

"Wow, thanks." she said sarcastically "A girl loves to hear how tired she looks."

"Well, are you not tired?" the girl looked down to her hands with a quiet sigh, Jerome took that as a 'yes I am really tired I'm just too stubborn to admit it", so he laid back  in his chair, putting his legs on the table "Let it out than, what's bothering you, princess?"

"It's just... Jim and Harvey are fighting, they won't even tell what's it about but they expect me to pick sides and there's this new serial killer who calles himself the pyg" Jerome let out a chuckle at the name "Sounds ridiculous, right? You know what he did? He forced some of the most powerful people in Gotham eat human flash. How sick is that?"

"Ughh, the whole cannibalism thing is so old, there are way more fun ways to torture people."

"Right? I mean, not right, torturing is not fun, but right? He thinks he's the shit because he cut up a few people but he's not even considered first class psychopath. It's fucking exhausting."

Jerome took his legs off the table, leaning forward, closer to the girl "Am I a first class psychopath?"

Lili let a small smile appear on her lips "You're probably the most psychotic man in Gotham city." the boy grinned, feeling proud of himself, even though it wasn't really supposed to be a compliment.