nice jerome

"Detective! Full of surprises, aren't you?" Jerome greeted, his hands chained together, he was wearing the Arkham uniforms, black and white overalls, his hair was messy, mostly swept backwards, except for one curl. His lips were dry like usually, dark circles under his eyes, she doubted he got any sleep in there.

"I thought you'd be expecting me." she said honestly.

"I was hoping you'd visit, but I doubted it would be so soon. It's only been, what? A week maybe two?"

She let out a laugh, not a genuine one, it was more sarcastic "It's been a month, Jerome."

"Really? Look how time flies when you're having fun! Don't take it personally I do miss you, officer." he smiled at her, and though she kept her poker face, he noticed the small blush on her cheeks.

"You're supposed to be rotting in there." she said, trying to change the tune of the conversation, trying to make Jerome angry. Maybe if he stopped being nice to her, she could start hating him like she's supposed to.

"Do you want me to rot?" he asked.

"Yes." she said simply, but Jerome's smirk only grew wider.

"Liar." he spat "Why are you lying to me, detective?"

"Like you never lied to me."

"Enlighten me, please, what did I ever lie to you about?" he leaned closer, as the detective leaned away, the last thing she needed was to smell his scent, and forget why she was there.

"About killing your mother." she said, like it was the most obvious thing.

"I never said I didn't do it." he answered simply "In fact, I know you knew it was me when you arrested my uncle, which I haven't thanked you enough, so why are we having this conversation?"

She opened her mouth to speak, only to close it again.

"You knew? But than why would you try to give me proof?" she asked.

"I wasn't trying to give you proof." he rolled his eyes dramatically "I wanted you to like me." he smirked again, and when he achieved his goal, and the girl finally broke her poker face, blood rushing into her cheeks, his smirk grew even wider.

"I don't like you." she said, trying to seem confident but Jerome saw trough it.

"You're lying to me again!" he sighed "But that's okay, detective. I like a challenge."

"Why don't you ever call me by my name?" she blunted out the question.

"You'll see soon enough." he said simply, like he had a plan "When I break out of here-"

"You'll never break out of here." she interrupted. He only laughed, ignoring the comment, like there was no way he was staying in there.

"I will. And when I do, you're gonna admit that you like me, detective."

"In your dreams." she spoke harshly "Goodbye, Jerome."

"See ya!" he yelled after the girl, who forced herself not to look back at the boy.

The visit was supposed to be good for her, it was supposed to help with her dream- nightmares, but now every time she fall asleep he came for her.

That's what she told Jim, that he came for her and than she'd wake up, or that she wouldn't remember the rest.

But the truth is, the rest was the worst part. He came for her, always differently, climbing trough her window, breaking into the GCPD, finding her on the streets, it didn't matter, the end was always the same. Sometimes she'd try to fight him, sometimes she'd just give in as soon as she saw him, but it would always end with his lips pressed against hers. And the worst part was, that she liked it.