CHAPTER 7

A dog the size of a wolf sat next to her when she was about to give up. She recalled that zerbino is the name of this dog. She last saw him that night at dusk, as best as she can recall. He was larger than she had anticipated, though.

She unknowingly patted zerbino while deep in thought. When she eventually recovered, she remembered that he was a military dog with training. She withdraws her hands right away, although zerbino appeared to be...a little disappointed?

She can't help but think the circumstance is adorable...REALLY adorable! Even though she was formerly a loser and a social outcast, she isn't the same among animals! Animals never stab you from behind, do they?

When Zerbino displayed a dissatisfied expression, she instantly patted him once again to cheer him up. She never anticipated becoming friends with him so quickly.

After obtaining information till 2 PM, she observed grandfather Gin packing away items in his military backpack.

"Grandpa." she said

"Have you finished yet?"

"Yes, Grandpa, what is that?"

"Oh, these are the items we'll have with us when our training begins tomorrow."

"Please let me help."

Grandpa Gin and Yvenne both started getting ready the supplies they would need for their training.

When the sun had gone down and Grandpa Gin had already bid Yvenne a goodnight with a reminder to prepare for the training the next day, Yvenne decided to take a bath.

Grandpa Gin's guest room (which is now her room) has a medium-sized bed and a bathroom. She removed her clothes and washed her entire body in a hot bath, revealing her pale white skin. She looked in the bathroom mirror after washing her entire body. It's been three days, but she still can't get used to this goddess-like face. She began to caress her lips after touching her face as if it were a marshmallow.
Even without a tint, the lips were the juiciest she had ever seen.

Just how powerful are her parents' genes for producing a child with a goddess-like feature?

Yvenne put her silly ideas aside and started formulating her strategy. Not only must she complete the Inferno Training according to her biological grandfather's wishes, but also for her own safety. She must find a way to protect herself, even if it means killing someone, because she knows that the person behind the Huang family's demise won't leave her alone until she's dead.

She changed her clothes in the bathroom after finishing her night bath. She noticed a picture falling under her bed after leaving the bathroom. The teen in the photo was dressed in a military uniform. He has dark raven hair, a handsome nose, deep blue eyes that match his cold face, and an aura that is similar to that of a soldier.

She wondered if this boy had previously owned the room where she was staying. Then she noticed the word "𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷" written on the back of the picture.

"Must be his name..." she mumbled

She awakens at one in the morning to the sound of birds chirping as if it were her temporary ringtone. She got out of bed, and as soon as she opened the window, the clean, pure air of the forest filled her nostrils.

She instantly enters the living room after changing out of the clothing that Grandpa Gin provides for her. Grandpa Gin was waiting for her there, having his morning tea while fully dressed.

"Morning, Grandpa."

Grandpa Gin advised, "Grab your coffee and put it in a thermos, coffee is important to help you remain up."

"Yes, Grandpa." she said, following Grandpa Gin's instructions.

"To find a carriage to take us, we must travel along the forest for approximately three hours. For a while, we won't be returning home."

Her throat nearly choked when she heard the word "carriage." How could she have forgotten that in this year, vehicles like the Subaru and Land Rover still don't exist? Of course, some automobiles from this age are still in use, but they are only utilized in cities, not on rough, uphill roads.

They completed the necessary preparations before setting off on their journey, going out in the forest.

The forest was expansive and full of large, tall trees that nearly obscured the sky. Around 1:30 AM, they set out, but it was still dark outside.

Grandpa Gin and Yvenne each have torches and military bags on them. Because of the large black coat that Yvenne was wearing, she didn't experience any cold. Grandpa Gin is covered in a brown leather jacket.

Yvenne never in her life imagined that she would have such a wonderful experience. Things like access to fresh air were not even possible during her time due to the dense apartment buildings and big structures that dotted the landscape. Large trees like the ones she was now observing are quite uncommon.

They choosed to take a break in a large flat stone they came upon after traveling for over two and a half hours. Grandpa Gin was sure that this young child is determined to try her best because he anticipated that she would grumble a little, but instead, he didn't hear a single complaint from her.

As they continued to rest, nikita abruptly barked at them to run, and zerbino followed.

"Hohoohoho...it appears that our small companions have already discovered the way. Now, child, we must not let our small companions wait for us."