𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘞𝘖

*Two months later*

Alana was in the kitchen washing dishes while Joe was downstairs working out.

Alana had been getting contractions for a couple of days, but nothing was as bad as that day.

She got another one and she let out a groan. After it passed, she continued washing dishes.

About five minutes later, she got another one.

If your contractions were seven to five minutes between each other, that means the baby is coming, but Alana didn't want to admit it to herself that it was time.

Then, her water broke.

"Fuck." She muttered.

Joe came up the stairs as Alana was clutching her stomach.

"Babe? Are you washing dishes again? You're not supposed to!" Joe called.

When he got to the kitchen, he gasped.

"Alana. Your water broke. How far apart are you contractions?" Joe asked.

Alana swallowed. "Five minutes."

"Okay. We gotta get to the hospital."

Alana shook her head. "No. If we wait a few more hours, we get an extra day."

"Alana, no, we're going to the hospital."

"You have a game Sunday."

"I'll call Zac."

Alana shook her head and then another contraction came on.

"Ah!"

"Let's go. I'll grab the bag and you get in the car." Joe said.

"No. I'm not going." Alana replied.

"Yes, Alana, you are. Now let's go!" Joe exclaimed.

Tears started to come out of Alana's eyes.

"I can't." She cried.

"Alana."

She shook her head. "I can't. I'm scared. I'm so scared."

Joe walked over to her and pulled her close.

"Listen to me. Look me in my eyes. You can do this, Alana. I'm scared too, but you can do this. You're going to be a great mother, okay?"

"Okay. Let's go have this baby."

i know this is short but i wanted to get something published.

also idk how we hit 12k in less then a week, but we did and i cannot thank you all enough for the support.

if you're an obx fan, i wrote a rafe fanfic, so go show some love on that as well.

muah,
lea <3