𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌

"WHY would she do this to me? I mean seriously? I'm this child's father and I'm her husband and she's saying I need to focus on my career and she needs to focus on the baby? What the hell?"

Joe was at the bar with Ja'Marr.

"Bro, you gotta go talk to her. How long has it been since y'all talked?" Ja'Marr asked.

Joe swallowed.

"Joe."

"Two weeks." Joe muttered and looked down.

"Two wee—Two weeks? Bro, I fight with Reina and we make up in like a half hour." Ja'Marr replied.

"We're not fighting, Ja'Marr, we're just...Having a little issue." Joe shrugged.

"Alright, it's not a fight, fine, but you guys need to talk, man. This 'issue' isn't going to get solved if you don't communicate. She's your wife, not your girlfriend, and she's carrying your child. This ain't some boyfriend-girlfriend type shit, this is real. Go talk to her, man." Ja'Marr explained.

Joe nodded. "Okay. Alright. I'm gonna go talk to her."

He then stood up and slammed some money down on the bar.

"What? Now? You're going now?" Ja'Marr asked and stood up.

"Thanks for the insight buddy! Love ya!" Joe exclaimed.

He ran out of the bar and went on his way to Alana's parents house.

🌹

Alana had finally finished another episode Outer Banks that night with Mia.

"God, I hate Rafe." Alana said as she squinted at the TV.

"What? Why?" Mia asked. "He's cute."

"Because he's an asshole." Alana answered and rolled her eyes. "And no he is not! JJ is so much better! Your standard are so low."

"Shut up, Rafe is hot! JJ is too, but Rafe is better! Anyway, you're gonna hate Rafe even worse at the end of season one." Mia replied.

"What? Why?"

Mia smirked and stood up.

"Mia! Why?"

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight!" Mia giggled and trekked upstairs.

Alana sighed and shut off the TV. Just as she stood up, there was a knock at the door.

"Who the hell is that?" Alana muttered.

She made her way to the door and opened it to see Joe.

"Hey."

Alana swallowed and looked down. "Hi."

"Can I come in?" He asked.

Alana didn't reply.

"Lana?"

She looked up. "What? Oh. Yeah. Sure. Come in."

She walked away from the door and he followed her inside, then closed the door behind him.

She picked up her glass of tea and walked into the kitchen.

Joe followed her into the kitchen as she started washing the cup.

"You should be sitting down." Joe said.

Alana looked at him, then back down at the cup.

"Okay then. I just don't want your feet to get swollen or hurt." Joe added.