𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠

*Three months later*

IT was August and Alana was now seven months pregnant. Joe was trying to help her as much as he could, but he's also been busy getting ready for the season.

"Alana, you have to put your feet up." Joe said.

"Okay." Alana replied and turned on the TV.

"Now, please." Joe demanded.

"Joe."

"Lana."

Alana sighed and put her feet up before selecting Outer Banks to watch.

"Alright. Now I'm going to bring you some green tea and a scone and you have to eat and drink." Joe reminded.

"Joe, I really appreciate you wanting to help me, but I can do stuff by myself. Also, don't you have practice in an hour?" Alana raised her eyebrows.

"Oh shit, I do! Alright, I have to go get ready, but if you need me I'll be in the basement." Joe answered.

"Okay." Alana half-smiled.

Joe went down to the basement and Alana continued watching Outer Banks.

A half hour later, Joe came back up the stairs with his equipment with sweats on.

"Alright, I'm gonna go, babe, but call me if you need me. Please. I'll leave and come right here." Joe stated.

"Of course I will. Have a good practice."

"Thanks. I love you."

"I love you too."

They shared a kiss and then Joe bent down to her stomach.

"And you. I love you too, daddy's princess. Well, daddy's second princess because daddy's first princess is mommy. I love you and I'll see you tonight."

He then kissed her stomach and stood back up.

"Bye."

"Bye, love."

Joe then left the house and Alana was all alone.

Even though she always told Joe she didn't need his help and could do it on her own, she wanted him there. She hated being lonely and pregnant.

"Hi, baby. Daddy's gone and I miss him already. I don't want to be alone. I...I wish he didn't have to play football, but I already took his freedom away from him when I married him and kept you and I don't want to take away his career too. I don't regret keeping you though. Anyway, he loves football and I love that he loves football, but what if he leaves us for football? It would be my fault too for holding him back. It would be my fault for driving your daddy away."

Alana let out a shaky breath and wiped her eyes so the tears that were forming wouldn't come out.

She put her feet down and slowly sat up and grabbed her phone.

She opened it and called her mother.

"Alana! How are you and my grand baby doing?" Lisa asked as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Hey, Mom. We're good. I...I have a question..." Alana trailed off.

"What is it, sweetie?" Lisa wondered.

"I was wondering if I could come stay with you, Dad, and Mia for a little while?" Alana asked nervously.

Lisa and Dave adopted Mia when she was sixteen when her parents, Alana's aunt and uncle, died in a car wreck. Mia was now nineteen.

"Of course you can, honey! But may I ask why? Is everything okay with you and Joe?" She questioned.

"Oh, yeah, everything's fine, I just need my family right now." Alana half-lied.

"Alright. When are you coming?"

"Oh, probably later on, maybe during dinner time or a little after. I'm gonna pack and then let Joe know when he gets home then I'll come after that." Alana answered.

"Sounds good. I love you."

"Love you too, Mom. See you soon."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Alana put her phone down and sighed. She stood there for a moment before shutting Outer Banks off and went to pack.

🌹

Joe got home around six-thirty PM.

"I'm home, love!" Joe called.

He looked around and didn't see his wife.

"Lana?"

He then saw her bags and suitcases and furrowed his eyebrows.

Alana came down the stairs a minute later.

"Oh, hi baby. How was practice?" Alana greeted.

Joe ignored her question and pointed to the bags. "What are those?"

Alana swallowed. "Um, why don't you sit down so we can talk."

Joe followed her to the couch and they sat down.

"Are we going on vacation?" Joe furrowed his eyebrows.

"No. I'm going to stay with my mom." Alana confessed.

Joe shook his head. "What? Why?"

"I...You have to focus on your career and I need to focus on the baby." Alana answered.

Joe sat back. "What are you talking about? We both have to focus on the baby."

"I know, but...Your career is important to you, so you have to focus on that." Alana responded.

"Okay, these are the hormones talking."

"No." Alana shook her head.

"Yes they are." Joe nodded.

"Joe—."

"Yes they are, Alana. Because you wouldn't be leaving. The real Alana would want to stay here with me."

"No, Joe, this is me talking! The real Alana is talking! I have to go to my moms because I need help with this baby that you can't give! You have a career and our marriage and this baby is going to destroy it, so I have to leave. I'll be back eventually, but for now I have to go." Alana exclaimed.

"Can I see you, though?"

"If you're not busy."

"Alana, that's not fair."

"I have to go."

Alana then grabbed her bags and left Joe there alone.

team Joe or team Lana?