Library 13: Cardiovascular Ward 08

The principle of proximity, which is often mentioned in “Criminal Psychology”, is the idea of ​​​​murders committing crimes. People can’t help but be nervous in unfamiliar environments and make mistakes easily, but they will be more confident about their familiar environment and the people around them.

Therefore, the murderer of a serial murder case often chooses the people who are close to him and who are close to him first. After killing one or two people, the murderer will have a sense of accomplishment in killing someone successfully, and his courage will gradually increase, and the scope of the crime will also be increased. Expand accordingly.

This is the basis for Yue Xingwen to determine the location of the murderer.

He drew the distribution of all the wards in the ward on a piece of paper, so that the students could understand his ideas more intuitively.

——-Doctor’s Office Area———

05/04/03–koukou–48/49/50

08/07/06–koukou–45/46/47

11/10/09–koukou–42/43/44

14/13/12–koukou–39/40/41

17/16/15–koukou–36/37/38

20/19/18–koukou–33/34/35

23/22/21–koukou–30/31/32

26/25/24–koukou–27/28/29

VIP Ward—Koukou—VIP Ward

——–Nurse Station————

The dashed part represents the corridor, and the road in the middle area is blocked.

The ward number starts from No. 3 and ends at No. 50 in the upper right corner in order from the upper left corner.

Yue Xingwen pointed to the map and explained to the students: “The entire cardiovascular ward is a ‘hui’-shaped corridor structure, with the doctor’s office above and the nurse’s station below. The left and lower right corners are VIP wards, with 8 wards on both sides of the corridor, 24 beds. Top left 3/4/5 bed, bottom bottom bed 24/25/26; bottom right starting with bed 27/28/29 and ending with bed 48/49/50 in the upper right corner.”

When everyone saw the ward distribution map he drew, just like taking notes in class, they quickly took a blank piece of paper and copied it, and marked their corresponding bed number and the location of the deceased.

Yue Xingwen also marked the positions of the five deceased with asterisks, saying: “The two patients who died at 1 a.m., beds 15 and 24, were all close to the corridor. That is to say, the murderer gently pushed the door in the middle of the night. , two steps forward, you can directly add vasoconstrictor drugs or toxins to the patient’s syringe, which is very convenient for committing crimes.”

Liu Zhaoqing finally understood: “The first time the murderer committed a crime, he would choose someone close to him. After killing someone, he would be able to return to his ward as soon as possible to avoid being caught by other patients or doctors and nurses. The most recent of the deceased…that is, the patients in the wards of 18/19/20 and 21/22/23?”

Ke Shaobin took a closer look with his glasses, and suddenly realized: “The 15-bed deceased is on the left side of his door; the 24-bed deceased is on his right side. The round-trip time to commit the crime will not exceed 10 minutes, which can also be explained. The death time of the two people was only 10 minutes apart? Because they are close, it is convenient for the murderer to commit the crime?”

Yue Xingwen nodded: “That’s right. There are doctors and nurses on duty in the ward at night. Once the patient is out of shape, the nurse station will call the police. The murderer must quickly inject the patient with dangerous drugs and slip back to the ward within 10 minutes. Otherwise, the nurse station will After calling the police, the doctors will rush to the scene to rescue them, and it is easy to bump into the murderer in the corridor.”