Library 16: Cardiovascular Ward 11

Now that the options for additional questions have been determined, the next step is to use the “exclusion method” to find the best answer.

Yue Xingwen glanced at the 20 medical records in the laptop, and said to Ke Shaobin, “The cases are regrouped according to the time of death. How many times has there been a total of concentrated deaths of patients?”

Ke Shaobin quickly put together a form and said: “There are four times in total. From June 1 to 3, 5 people died; from August 10 to 13, 7 people died; from October 15 to 20, 8 people died; we were hospitalized. The time was December 24, and eight more people died within two days.”

Yue Xingwen carefully looked at the four groups of cases and continued: “Collect all the patients, doctors and nurses on duty who were left in the cardiovascular ward when the four cases occurred, and find the list with the highest degree of overlap.”

Ke Shaobin is sorted by name, and the answer is very clear by comparing the tables.

Yue Xingwen wrote down the five options just determined on a piece of paper, and analyzed: “The first one, 20 patients, he was not present in the past few incidents, this is his first hospitalization, which is completely inconsistent. The conditions for committing the crime can be excluded.”

Yue Xingwen simply crossed out “Option A” and continued to analyze: “The second, 21-bed, 56-year-old Xu Dapeng, once worked as a medical representative. On June 1 and August 10, when the incident occurred He was all present, but on October 15th he was not hospitalized. That is to say, the patient was killed four times and he was absent once. He was not the murderer…but a key witness!”

“The third one, the attending doctor Xiao Wen, happens to be the chief inpatient this year. He is in the cardiovascular ward almost every day. At present, the possibility of random killings cannot be ruled out. To be determined first.”

“The fourth suspect, 30-year-old resident doctor Ma Ping, has an irregular night shift time. He was not at the scene when the crime happened on June 1 and August 10, and he did not meet the conditions for committing the crime.”

The trio set their sights on the last option.

E option, after the database data analysis, find out the latent patients.

Yue Xingwen looked at the name and narrowed his eyes slightly: “The last suspect, Zhu Yuanbo, a 55-year-old male, a retired employee of a pharmaceutical factory. On June 1, August 10, October 15, and December 24, every When the second patient died in a concentrated manner, he lived in the cardiovascular ward. When the first incident occurred, he lived in bed 11, which was the closest to the 10-bed old lady who died. He was very likely to be the murderer. “

Yue Xingwen looked at the remaining options on the paper, circled the two names with a pen, and said, “Xiao Wen, Zhu Yuanbo, the murderer is among these two people.”

After comparing and sorting out the data, the originally complicated situation finally became clear, and the answer became a choice.

At noon, Yue Xingwen pretended to stroll around the wards and handed the written notes to the classmates.

On the white paper torn from the dictionary, he wrote a few lines with a black pen, and the handwriting was chic and flying: “Dear students, all the previous 20 victims have been found, and the incidents occurred on June 1 and August 10. No., October 15th, and December 24th, according to the comparison of the data in the case database, at present, the 20th, 21st, and Dr. Ma Ping were not at the scene several times when the case occurred, and the suspicion has been ruled out. Lock Dr. Xiao Wen and Dr. Add a new suspect, VIP-1 bed Zhu Yuanbo, and choose one of the two murderers, and start investigating the motive for the crime.”