Chapter 27

A sigh was let out into the room as Scripta turned onto her side to watch the sleeping dean.

Leonora was fast asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow after dinner. For all her boasting about how her leg wasn't in pain she was glad she listened to her body when it was begging for sleep. Would hse intrude on her own dream tonight? Did she want that? Would it be fun or as weird as the last one? Would she enjoy it? Would Scripta?

She tucked a single curl behind the dean’s ear with a small smile, she did look practically adorable like this. Bound up all snug in the duvet in her comfiest pyjamas with her face clear of her makeup, she looked perfect.

Scripta frowned as she caught sight of the mirror in her peripheral vision, she hoped to god that Rafal would leave them be for the meantime. Lesso really didn't need that while she  was injured.

Then her mind turned to what she felt for the dean. She was sure that it was love, it had to be. For Lesso’s sake it had to be. She couldn't stand the thought of it not being love and having strung the redhead along with her, like Rafal did.

She didn't want to end up the same as him.

Then her eye caught sight of the Storians tower through the window, it wouldn't hurt, right? She chanced a quick glance back down at the dean to check that she was fully asleep. Then she turned to the window and closed her eyes before the quill’s name came tumbling out of her.

As her eyes opened she found the quill had stopped writing and was floating in front of her. “Hey.”

THe quill was silent so Scripta rolled her eyes before sitting down on the step up to the book. “Thanks, you're making me feel so much better.”

The Storian let out a sigh. “Oh yes, I'm the one making people feel bad. How do you feel about yourself right now? You have done nothing but beat yourself up since Rafal paid you a visit.”

Scripta frowned. “Oh right, him, that absolute dickhead. He needed to be put in his place.”

The quill twirled in the air with a delighted squeal. “Oh, I knew you were the right person, you even said that you would become the next schoolmaster. We can start your training, give you your robes and send you on your way.”

The reader tilted her head. “Training, what training?”

The Storian chuckled before coming to float in front of her.

“It's basic, all I'll do is teach you how to control your magic and teach you about the school and the history of it. Your magic is extremely powerful, I didn't expect you to get away from that unscathed, Rafal is the embodiment of evil. Not simple magic to combat. Not only did you come away without injury but with a new ability, incredible. Truly incredible.”

Scripta flushed. “Really it was my desire to get back to Lesso that allowed me to come out unscathed, as for the new ability… I don't know how to activate it. I've been trying but nothing has happened.”

The quill just opened the book on the stand and flipped to the page from the night before. “Scripta, come and look at what you did, maybe this will help.”

The reader sighed before standing up and making her way to the book, she stood with her hands in her pockets as she looked down at the page and read through. “You know, you are so lucky that I haven't taken my glasses off yet.”

The Storian just shifted as the reader made her way through age after page of her actions. “Good lord, I was really riding high, wasn't i? I mean, pushing him down to the ground and practically seething at him. Why didn't he just get up?”

The quill poked her on the shoulder. “He couldn't, he was genuinely pushed down by your magic, you scared him.”

Scripta tilted her head and gave her a half assed smile. “You're joking, right? There's no way that you're serious.”