He blinked and lifted a hand, coming into contact with the bottom of the bag. He jumped backwards at the feeling but took the bag into his arms. He reached in and pulled out his t-shirt and shorts which he wore when he first came here.

"Thank you."

I smiled and shook my head. I really should get used to speaking, my gestures are useless. "No problem, though the person to thank is Clementine."

Screaming came from the bathroom. Pax scrambled backwards after nearly dropping to the floor. I ran out of the room and over to the bathroom door.

"Rowan?" I asked in a normal volume. "Are you alright?"

"Devil woman!" he screeched, coming out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. His teeth were chattering, and he was slipping every few steps. "I'm gonna kill her."

"Who? Nobody's around yet." I crossed my arms. "You've got to apologise to Pax."

"I'll do that when I've had my revenge." He raced past me and into the girls' room.

I shook my head and moved to my doorway. "I'm guessing breakfast is up to us."

I didn't do a bad job at making breakfast. It was quite enjoyable showing Pax how to make pancakes. He wouldn't touch the pan in fear of messing up, but I let him whisk the ingredients together. The two of us sat in the living room whilst shouting continued from upstairs.

"What happened? Are those pancakes?" Were the first two questions Caspian asked as he entered the room.

"Good morning to you too," I greeted. "They're on the bench. As for what happened, I just know that Rowan's shower was interrupted."

Caspian's lips twitched into a smirk. "That would be Clementine. She was telling me about that yesterday, she knows your schedules all too well."

I pouted. "It could've changed. We have a variable in our midst." I nudged Pax. He had been a little too transfixed on his food. The sight was adorable. I watched him as he took his first bite. His eyes lit up like a child who hadn't had sugar before. He ate slowly, savouring each mouthful.

"That's why I was involved," Caspian said, sliding into the kitchen. "I guess everyone's awake now. Not bad for a school day. At least Rowan won't be tempted to sleep away his studies."

I shook my head; I doubt that'd ever happen.

"So, what do you do when you have these school days?" Pax asked.

I raised my eyes to Caspian.

"It's basically days reserved to learning. I do business all the time, but it's an attempt to encourage the others to read and learn about the world, human and werewolf."

"It's working for some of us," I said. "Iris really loves her school days. It's basically every day for her. She's constantly studying or doing something sensible."

"She said that she liked to read." Pax nodded. "So, a lot of reading and thinking?"

"Pretty much."

"But I would like to have a word with you alone," Caspian told Pax. My head eyes narrowed on Caspian's figure, trying to figure out what he wanted to discuss with Pax. "I don't think it's anything too serious. Just needing to know what to say in the emails."

"Why do you want to speak to him alone for that?" I had to ask. "I could help, I'm sure I know more about what to write in an email."

"Because I do," Caspian replied. It was unlike him not to give an actual reason for things such as this. "I would like to discuss some other matters as well."