CHAPTER - 05 ATTACK??

Start from the beginning

Devansh - Bhaiyya bas pareshan hai aur kuch nahi.

Siddharth chose not to reply. His bhaiyya has always been over protective, But he looked scared ever since Mr. Roy died. Something was really wrong. Something was bothering his brother. He could sense it. He tried to ask many times but his bhaiyya shrugged it off saying nothing. This was not the first time he and Dev were having ice cream outside. But this is the first time his bhaiyya's security team interrupted them. He need to find out. If not from his bhaiyya, then from his sources. After all he is also Siddharth Vardhaan Roy.

Devansh was getting scared as they were reaching home. They reached the house faster much to his annoyance.

Abhimanyu had been feeling restless ever since Siddharth went out to bring Dev home. He just wanted both his children back home safely. He wanted to call Siddharth and ask where they were but he didn't want to be over bearing. He called Mukhtar to make sure they were safe. Whatever Mukhtar said made him furious. When will the boys learn caution. He clearly asked them to come home straight.

Abhimanyu was pacing in the hall when he heard screeching sound of car. He was about to go but he got a call from Mukhtar.

Mukhtar - Ice cream had poison mixed in it, Sir.

Abhimanyu's eyes blazed - Find out who did it?

Mukhtar - We are on it, sir. Just give me 2 hrs.

Abhimanyu was trying so hard to calm himself but whatever Mukhtar said made him even more angrier. Someone tried to kill his brothers in a very public place? Siddharth picking up Dev was a last minute plan. Hell, they both eating ice cream was an instant decision made by them. How did the killer managed to put poison in such a short notice. Now, he was damn sure, His father's death was not normal. It was a bloody murder. Someone killed his father. His anger was raging. He saw Siddharth and Devansh coming inside. Dev was already hiding behind Siddharth. He needed to calm himself. He went to both of them and hugged tightly to make sure they were safe and are standing in front of him alright.

Siddharth and Devansh got startled by the hug. They were not expecting that.

Abhimanyu moved back once he was sure both are fine and anger made its way back.

Siddharth saw the anger in Abhimanyu's eyes and gulped - Bhaiyya...

Abhimanyu cut him off - Save it, Siddharth. Go and sleep. I am done with both of you!

Siddharth was shocked. He was expecting a slap. Atleast a good dose of scolding. So, he was right. Something was bothering his brother.

Devansh saw equally shocked. Why was his brother not lashing out at him. He should have twisted his ear by now and started his lecture. Something was not right.

Devansh and Siddharth at the same time - Sorry bhaiyya.

Abhimanyu looked away. He couldn't take his anger and helplessness on his brothers - Kuch khaya tum dono ne?

Siddharth couldn't stop himself - Sab kuch teek hai na, bhaiyya?

Abhimanyu walked into the kitchen offering no answer and started to make pasta as it was their favorite midnight dish.

Devansh couldn't take this silence anymore and hugged Abhimanyu from back - I am really sorry, bhaiyya. Aap baat kyu nahi kar rahe hai?

Abhimanyu - I am not angry, Devansh.

Devansh pouted - Tho phir aap, Devansh kyu bula rahe hai mujhe?

Siddharth could see his bhaiyya was trying so much not to lash out. He pulled Devansh back gently and shook his head not to pester their bhaiyya more.