Chapter 24-Please God

"Room 226" he says. I bite my lip locking my eyes with his, before I quickly slip my hand into his pocket, and grab the dorm keys. As soon as I get it out, I get out of his hold and start running. "You want it? " Come get it" I yell as he starts running after me. He may be an elite soccer player, but I was and expert at the speed game. You know, running from my dad so quickly so he doesn't catch me and beat me up. I'm well trained.

Dark humor is that you?

I run through the corridors and reach his dorm before he's even halfway there.

Told you.

I quickly unlock the door, get in and close it behind me. His room was just as tidy and classy as his apartment was. Photos of him and his team, his brother and even me were hung on the wall just above his desk.

I go and sit on the bed.I take off my shirt, now only in my bra and shorts that seemed to drive him earlier this morning. I sit backwards, so that my back is facing the door, and my face is facing the headboard in front of me.

My heart skips a beat when the door slams open. God why did he have to have a spare key? I hear his footsteps get closer and closer as the need inside of me keeps growing. I feel him slowly sit on the bed, as he wraps his arms around my hips.

"Do me a favor, and never were a bra again. I hate that it's the only thing keeping me away from that beautiful chest." His words are to much for me. He places his head into my neck, as he starts sucking on my bare skin.

A soft whimper escapes my nour while I tilt my head a little more to the side, giving more access to my neck. His hands climb up my waist onto the under of my breasts. I shiver at his touch as one of his hands cups one of my breast.

He starts massaging it slowly, letting a moan escape my mouth. "Just like that hermosa, a bit louder" he says into my neck. God my mind was going fuzzy. Just a as he was about to cup my other one, I hear a buzzing sound come from somewhere near.

Very near. It keeps buzzing. "Miles, I think that's yours" I say softly, as he suddenly groans. He takes his phone out of his pockets, while one of his hands is still on my breast. "What do you want" is all he says when he picks up the phone.

I turn myself around so that I face him. Then his face goes completely pale. His breathing stops, and his eyes widen. His hand that was on me a few seconds ago drops. "Wha-what do you mean?" He asks. His voice came unclear, and shaky.

"Miles what's wrong?" I manage to ask in curiosity. He doesn't even reply. He gets up from the bed, almost falling to the ground. Shit he looked so bad. "Which hospital are you in?" Hospital? Shit.

I get up putting back my T-shirt on. "Miles what happened baby, talk to me" i say holding his hand. "I'll be there in 5" is all he says before putting his phone back in his pocket.

I search for any clues on his face, but all I could see were glossy eyes, and him biting his lip harshly. He quickly grabs his jacket and car keys from his table. "Miles what the hell is going on?" He doesn't even answer me.

I follow him out of the room, while he walks quickly. God he looked like he had murder in his mind. What the hell happened?

I finally give up as asking when we reach his car. I get in with light even asking, finally realizing that he wasn't in a condition to explain. His hands were on the stare wheel, but he was gripping so tightly that his knuckles were white.

Never had I felt this worried for someone, but here I am. His breathing was getting faster and faster, almost that I could hear how fast his heart was racing.

His jaw was tightened, and he was speeding up by the minute. A few minutes later, I was scared that he would get a speed ticket because of how fast he was going. To be completely honest, I was scared. Very scared.

"Miles" I say as I hold on to my seat and close my eyes. "Miles your scaring me" I continue. I open my eyes when we slow just a bit. He was still stiff as hell, but I could see how he was trying to remain calm.

We finally reach whatever hospital he was talking about, as he parks the car. I get out as soon as he does, wiping the hair out of my face. He starts walking extra fast into the hospital, towards the reception.

Before he even reaches the reception, he starts talking." Hi can I know which floor Jace Hernandez is currently being operated in?" My. Heart. Stops.

I feel my breath catching when the nurse tells us which floor, and we head towards the elevators. What the hell happened? Is he okay? I needed answers but I was too stunned to speak.

We get into the empty elevator, as a moment of silence takes over. Miles was looking at the ground the whole time, but just as I was about to say something, he lets out a shaky breath, followed by silent cry.

He takes his head between his hands as the tears keep coming in. I quickly take him in my arms." It's gonna be okay, darling, he's gonna be fine" I say trying to reassure him. He wraps his arms around my waist, while he buries  his head in the space between my shoulder and neck.

He looked reckless. I dip my hands into his hair. "It's all my fault, all mine" he sobs. I pull him closer, then let go realizing we're almost at the floor where Jace is. I take his cheeks in my palms, forcing him to look at me.

"Hey,HEY, nothing is your fault, and don't you dare try to blame yourself Miles, he's gonna be fine I promise" I say placing a kiss on his forehead. I hold his hand as the elevator door opens, and we exit.

We quickly starts walling  hand in hand towards the operating room, where in front of it I could see Jake, and Elliot. Jake was sitting on the floor, hands on his knees, while Elliot was resting his back on the wall.

There was a man who looked like he was in his 40's, calling someone on his phone. He looked oddly familiar. As soon as he turns his head to us, Miles squeezes my hand tighter.

The man ends his call, as he starts walking towards us. "The damn doctors won't tell me how's he doing" he blurts out looking at Miles. Still confused my eyes roam around Miles's face, looking for any clues.

Miles wipes his face with his other hand. "Nora, this-this is my dad" Oh wow. Wow. I look at Miles in shock as he introduces me to his goddamn Father.
I never thought I would meet him this way.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Hernandez" I quickly say putting my hand forward. He slowly takes my hand, while his eyes are still on Miles's. "So, your the lucky girl" he says as he squeezes my hand, but it felt more than just a greeting.

It felt weird. He was smiling too. In a moment like this? Weird. I let go of his hand as I get uncomfortable. He shifts his eyes back to Miles. "Um I have to take this call, hijo, you children go sit with your friends"

He smiles awkwardly one last time, before taking out his phone again. I look back at Miles who was looking at the large operating room in front of us. I few feat ahead, Jake sees us, and gets up.

He starts quick walking towards us. And when he finally reaches us, he wraps his arms around Miles quickly. Miles doesn't hesitate to hug him back tightly, as he presses his face into Jake's chest just like he did to me a couple of minutes ago.

"I'm so sorry bro" I hear Jake mutter. God, can someone please tell me what the hell happened? Miles let's go of his best friend, and starts walking towards the operating room, where Jace was.

I stay in my place, looking at them walk away from me. I feel the cold air blow my hair out of my face, from the open window beside me. This hospital is so so so familiar, yet again, I haven't been in one this big and luxurious in so long.

I rub my hands. I start walking towards, the operating room. I go stand in front of Miles. He was no crying anymore, but he went numb. "Miles, baby don't do this to yourself" i say as I wrap my arms around his torso. I was expecting him to stay as he was, but he surprised me when he wraps his arms around my body, hurrying his head into my neck.
___________________
*1 hour Later*

Two doctors suddenly come outside of the operating room, as we all jump from our places. "We have news"

Oh god.