Chapter 16- Shining Light

*An hour Before*
MILES HERNANDEZ
What.The.Fuck

Lying on the floor, trying to understand what the fuck just happened, I wince when I try to move my arm.

2, actually I think 3 men just walked in on me, and beat the hell out of me. I had just woken up, so I wasn't really concentrating on what was going on.

But they gladly woke me up, when I felt a fist fly though my face. I try to get up, ignoring the pain in my whole body, especially my face and my chest, and look in the mirror next to my couch.

Damn. I looked bad, real bad. The only reason I was this calm right now, was because i was used to this. Abuse. The one word that messed up my life entirely.
I seriously owe my dad a thankyou for helping me get used to this shitty feeling.

I groan in pain, when I accidentally bump into the door infring of me, right on my chest. I'm trying to get to the bathroom to clean up, but it hurts to bad. So I walk back to the couch, and decide to stay there for a while.

There's even blood on the floor. Not cool.

I feel my eyes slowly close, because of the heaviness that had took over my eyelids.

I think I need a little rest before she comes.
Nora.
____________________________________
NORA RODRIGUEZ
Holy mother of god.

I gasp when I see his all messed up face, and the blood scattered on his white shirt. He looks at me with a blank expression. Looks like he just woke up from an unpleasant nap.

"I'm fine" he mutters as he goes back inside, leaving the door open. I quickly go after him, dropping my bag on the floor. "Miles what the hell happened?" I say in worry. Just realizing I'm in his apartment, I look around.

Holy shit.

This place looked unreal. The apartment was so modern yet so plain. The dark black vibe it gave was so vivid. We we're currently in the kitchen, which was completely something else.

I snap out of my thoughts when I see Miles grabbing a glass of water. He was still covered in blood.

I swear to god this man is going to be the end of me.

I walk over too him, grab the glass he was holding, and pull his hand towards the bathroom, which I could see next to the bedroom.

He doesn't even hesitate when he starts following me. I turn in the lights, and step inside.

His bathroom is bigger than my fucking dorm.
Lucky bastard.

I pull him inside from his hand, which was very much bigger than mine. I look around for something to sit him on. There was this little stool, next to the bathtub, so I just sat him there.

Now, he looked shorter than me.(evil laugh)

I start looking around in the cupboards, for anything useful. I let out a breath of relief, when I see a first aid kit. I grab it, and walk towards Miles, who was now, smirking at me.

I roll my eyes, and open the box, grabbing some alcohol and a cotton ball. I position myself right. In front of him, and get closer to his face. While I put some alcohol on the cotton, his hand suddenly crawl up to my thighs, pulling me closer.

Nope, not right now.

I feel heat rising up to my cheeks, when his hands start rubbing the outside of my thighs. I close my eyes for a second to regain my concentration. "Miles, hands down, please" I warn him.

He sighs, as he drops his hands next to my thighs. I grin, starting to clean up his face with the cotton ball in my hand. I might seem calm right now, but inside I was dying to know who the fuck did this to him.

I don't know when i became so overprotective of Miles, but I also felt furious. I decided to let it go, just so the night isn't ruined. I finish up cleaning his face, now turning to the blood stained white shirt.

This is gonna be hard.
"Miles, um, I'm gonna have to ask you to take of your um, your shirt, for me please?" The smirk on his face grows bigger at my words. As he gets closer.

"My arms hurt real bad, I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it myself" he whispers. I sigh in frustration, as I grab the ends of his shift and slowly pull it upwards. Once it's completely off, I look at the scar in front of me.

The scar wasn't too bad, what I was looking at, was the tattoo spread across his upper chest. No way.
The tattoo said; Shining Light.  I stand there in. Shock looking at the tattoo that wasn't there the last time I saw him.

Miles, had tattooed the meaning of my name, on his bare chest. He must have noticed the look on face, since he was smiling. "Do you like it?"  he asks softly. I didn't know what to say. What did that mean?

Dumbass what do you think it mean?

I just stand there in shock. No one, and I mean no one, has ever done something so meaningful like this to me. The guy had literally tattooed the meaning of my name.

Why not tattoo your name instead?

He starts to look worried when I don't reply. "Miles, what have you done?" I ask. He looks at me in confusion as I slowly pull back, leaving more space between us.

"You don't like it? Wait did I get the meaning wrong-" he starts to say but I shake my head."No, it's. It's just that I don't deserve to be written on your chest Miles." I say as we both stand there in silence.

Why would he do such a thing? I already never served the things he had done to me before, now he has my name tattooed on his body?

Hell no.

"Miles you should-" I was cut off when he pulls me closer and presses his lips onto mine. This wasn't like the other kisses we've shared before. This kiss was sad. His hands were on my cheeks this time, pulling me closer from there.

We stayed like that for a while until parted for some air. He rested his forehead on mine. I slightly open my eyes, to see his closed, but he didn't look happy.

"Nora, I don't know what else I have to do to prove to you that your worth everything in this world" he says in a heartbroken tone.

He thought I was worthy?
Me?

I try to change the subject, by pulling away. "Can you put your arms behind your back so I can clean your wound" I say keeping my eyes away from his.

He sighs, as he suddenly tries to grab my hands. "Miles stop-" he goal me tightly from my arms so I can't move, and brings my chin towards his face.

"Don't try to change the subject amor, it's not gonna work" I sigh. "I swear Nora, you don't know how much worthy you are, and how many people are appreciative for you being in their lives. Including me. You have let your past and affect you so much, that now you think everything's your fault, don't you?" He says.

I don't reply. Why does he have to know me this well? I nod silently. "Here's what we're going to do. Your gonna clean up this wound, then, I'm going to go make us some noodles while you watch my perfect cooking skills, then I'm gonna carry you to my bedroom, and we're gonna watch your favorite movies, got it?" He asks.

Gosh this man.

I stay silent for a minute but then laugh with tears in my eyes. "Got it."