Chapter 6-Do Something

NORA RODRIGUEZ

As time passed, I realized that it was almost evening. I didn't eat anything since breakfast, which made me daydream about food. The food here at the campus wasn't bad at, to be honest. I'm a picky eater, and that's saying a lot. I take Eva as I drag her down to the cafeteria even though she was just there, just because I didn't want to be alone.

We walk down the crowded halls, and we enter the cafeteria. I go grab some juice and a bowl of Italian tomato soup, and I catch Eva smiling slightly looking at someone. I grab her arm as I look for a table to sit at. Then, I see Jake, smiling at me and waving his hand toward us.

Shit.

I forgot that Miles had invited me over this afternoon. As I start walking towards them, I feel Eva grab my hand. "We're sitting with them??" she asks as I nod. She has been freaking out ever since that incident with Ashley.

I don't understand, what's so scary about that girl? Not only, Eva, I see all of the girls at our college, keeping their heads down while walking passes her. Weird right? We start walking towards their table when a familiar face stops in front of us.

Ashley.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asks as she looks me up and down. Honestly, I was brought up to kicking anyone's ass who stops me from doing what I want, but I decided that I'm going to do this shit politely. I take in a deep breath. " If you get out of my way, i'm going to go sit with my friends" I say as I feel anger burning through her eyes. She smiles.

"If you're talking about my ex, and his friends, don't you even dare go near them, especially him." she says as I hold in a laugh. I take Eva's hand, as I push Ashleys shoulder and walk past her, as she gasps.

Girl thinks she owns me or something
.

We make our way towards the table with 3 boys and sit down. "Ayyy, ya'll made it" Jake says as he high fives me. "I wasn't even coming, but this dumbass forced me to come watch her eat her favorite meal" Eva mutters as we all laugh. Me and Eva had gotten really close today, as we realized we had a lot in common. We both loved horror movies and had the same music taste which was even better.

Lana Del Rey and Nirvana everybody, enjoy the show.

As I start eating my food, I feel two eyes pierced on me, as I look up, I see Miles staring at me while smirking. "What?" I ask smiling as he shakes his head and chuckles. We start talking about our classes, their football matches, and favorite movies as I go and get a second plate of soup.

What? I just love Italian stuff. We keep talking as I feel the need of fresh air, as I excuse myself and go to the big balcony on the tower. I put my hands on the pole, and look at the amazing view in front of me joined by the sunset. "Pretty right" I hear someone say as I turn my head back, seeing Miles leaning against the door frame, his hands in his pockets.

Why is the simplest thing turning me on??

I smile. "yeah" I say as he comes closer and stands next to me, not moving his eyes from the view." So, how'd you like the school?" he asks as I sigh. "To be honest, I think you could be right about what you said earlier" I say as he chuckles. "Told you "He mutters as we both go back to staring at the sunset. Maybe this place wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Just as we were leaving, we hear sudden screams coming from the garden of the school. We both look at each other, before looking down from the garden, only to see a man, 2 men actually holding guns as a loud gun sound reaches my ear.

Blood.

I can see a young girl, lying down on the floor, as a shiver goes through my body. "NORA, WE HAVE TO GO, NOW" Miles yells as he grabs my arm, and we start running down the stairs. Everyone was running, screaming, teachers were panicking and instructing students to go to the auditorium of the school, were apparently, we're going to be safe. I feel my breathing getting heavier, as my eyes begin to tear up. No.